P4P Body Molding

Reaction score
Is this a stress crack or just the way the molding is?
33effcca35dbf65abf38f673a2ee4e34.jpg
59cbd764e6bbea7a089a3b4131df071e.jpg
0961dc447576b91c8c017cae38765771.jpg
2b178e0c0e91f1bb84723f6fa9132290.jpg
7ed8dc080542abf5f75304d5fdefb0be.jpg
f4eb3fc0fb5d0ae7714e2e3e18ae13b4.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, they are stress cracks. I have the ones that are straight at the ends. Look at your landing gear, I have at least 4 other small ones in the landing gear. I just ordered the landing gear. I'm trying to wait for YouTube to get better videos on splitting the case apart. I called dji and the told me to send it in and they would look at it but could not say I would get the same aircraft back. So I'm not sending mine in because I know how this bird has been treated.

Sorry, they are stress cracks. I have the ones that are straight at the ends. Look at your landing gear, I have at least 4 other small ones in the landing gear. I just ordered the landing gear. I'm trying to wait for YouTube to get better videos on splitting the case apart. I called dji and the told me to send it in and they would look at it but could not say I would get the same aircraft back. So I'm not sending mine in because I know how this bird has been treated.
After closer inspection. Mine are not cracks, it's just the way the molding is in the body.
Also just looked at a brand new P4P at bestbuy. Same exact marks.

A stress crack would not run away from the inner circle where the LED lens is located. Stress cracks, like electricity, follow the path of least resistance. That would NOT cause it to skirt around the circle. I think it would run straight to it and hit the circle at a perpendicular angle as opposed to following it somewhat tangentially.

Great thread, scared me to begin with!, then feeling OK now, I have the exact same mold lines/things on mine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers