P4P battery fit , PLEASE ANSWER FAST

Reaction score
Hi, my battery won't go in like it did on my P3. I'm talking about the battery on the P4P. Like , it won't click hard like it did on my
P3, and it won't get in place easy either, it stops like where the buttons start to go into
The battery , and then I feel like I'm breaking it when pushing it in , is it ok to like hold in the buttons when pushing it in ? And then release them when their inside ?

I have some photos, does this look right ?

abe01b8c3bebe7732146c52cd484cc9c.jpg
7813fa989929c258a0d75fb560cdd264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I guess you have looked for the obvious like something lodged on the contacts, any swelling on the battery or damaged clips. I did find that without realizing it until now I actually do grasp the battery by the clips when inserting it because just pushing it in is harder and can also turn the battery on. My P4 batteries definitely go in further than your photo and both clip "pads" pop out to their resting position. The last few millimeters need a bit of force to insert and remove, that is the contact friction but I expect it would have been similar for the P3.

An excellent option would be to try a different battery and if it is the same then paddle down to your local reseller and try your batteries in a different P4, that should eliminate some possibilities. Good luck.

Even with the battery properly inserted I can still move it vertically (but not sideways) about a millimeter so if yours is tight something is wrong. I realize you are talking about a P4P but the batteries are interchangeable so they should be very similar.

The last few millimeters need a bit of force to insert and remove, that is the contact friction but I expect it would have been similar for the P3.
Yes it does, the top and bottom catches on the battery aren't level unlike on the p3 batteries so you need to be a bit more careful to make sure the bottom catch goes in properly.

Some of the batteries have more play than others. None of my P4/P4P batteries have a gap larger than photo #1 in your first post. If you're not convinced your batteries are inserting properly, you should return them and get a replacement.

Some of the batteries have more play than others. None of my P4/P4P batteries have a gap larger than photo #1 in your first post. If you're not convinced your batteries are inserting properly, you should return them and get a replacement.

Hmmm, the battery's doesn't seem to Fall out, do you think it's worth the risk to take a flight ?

I think it'll be fine as long as you're sure the battery is securely clicked into place.

The bottom line is that it still should be safe to fly if both clips lock in and you cannot pull the battery out without depressing the clips. The plastic may have warped slightly on the Bat or the AC (or both) but if its held firmly and supplies full power then its OK to fly. Assuming it is still within warranty DJI would probably replace it but then you have lost a battery for a while and you might not like that option!!

The bottom line is that it still should be safe to fly if both clips lock in and you cannot pull the battery out without depressing the clips.
Right. The gap is just a known cosmetic issue if the battery seats securely. I don't know that I'd use a battery with a gap like photo #2 above though.

Right. The gap is just a known cosmetic issue if the battery seats securely. I don't know that I'd use a battery with a gap like photo #2 above though.

I'm going outside right now , I'll tell you how it went when I come
Back .

Everything actually went really good ;) Thank you so much for answering my
Questions !

Everything actually went really good ;) Thank you so much for answering my
Questions !

Even if your flight went well today......? If you are getting power and the gap still exists I would put a piece of tape over the battery (from top to bottom) for a flight just for extra precaution. Not likely to slip out that way and easy enough to remove to get the battery out later. Good luck.

Even if your flight went well today......? If you are getting power and the gap still exists I would put a piece of tape over the battery (from top to bottom) for a flight just for extra precaution. Not likely to slip out that way and easy enough to remove to get the battery out later. Good luck.

I will fly like I just did for a few days , I'm going to a dealer and going to look at their P4, as it should be the same fit , and then look under its belly , it may only be the photos which makes it look worse for you guys

I have to squeeze the tabs on all my batteries for mine. None go in simply by pushing, nor would I want to try. They're much more secure than previous versions - that's why you have to squeeze the tabs to insert - they have heavy springs and will not come loose once in place. What you're seeing is the way it's supposed to be.

I have to squeeze the tabs on all my batteries for mine. None go in simply by pushing, nor would I want to try. They're much more secure than previous versions - that's why you have to squeeze the tabs to insert - they have heavy springs and will not come loose once in place. What you're seeing is the way it's supposed to be.

Thanks ! That does make sense , but first time i installed it into
The drone it went in like the older models . But anyway, does yours also have gaps ? Just like mine ? (Photos would be appreciated )

I'm not near it now, but yes, if I wiggle it in place, a can get some gaps to show - it remains security latched in, though. Given the flight characteristics and capabilities of this aircraft, if you can't remove it by hand (without depressing the latches) then there's no way it's going anywhere in flight. It's secure... It's not supposed to side in and click with little effort - you're supposed to slide in, depress latches, insert fully then release. All good. I think you're fine and have nothing to worry about.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl