P4P Advice

Reaction score
I apologize if this is not in the right forum but I felt since all of you are P4 Pro owners you would be the best people to answer my question. I am considering buying a P4. I had a P2 Vision + previously but lost my home to fire. I'm looking to replace it, and to be honest the video and pictures from that model were fine for me, so the camera on the P4 would be fine.

Is there any other aspect of the P4P that makes it better than the P4? Is the Lightbridge better? Is anything different other than the camera? I mainly enjoy flying and taking videos for family. I have decided on the 4 models for their improved flight time and other aspects. Just trying to decide if the Pro model is worth the extra $500 for anything other than the camera. Thank you in advance for your advice and time.

I apologize if this is not in the right forum but I felt since all of you are P4 Pro owners you would be the best people to answer my question. I am considering buying a P4. I had a P2 Vision + previously but lost my home to fire. I'm looking to replace it, and to be honest the video and pictures from that model were fine for me, so the camera on the P4 would be fine.

Is there any other aspect of the P4P that makes it better than the P4? Is the Lightbridge better? Is anything different other than the camera? I mainly enjoy flying and taking videos for family. I have decided on the 4 models for their improved flight time and other aspects. Just trying to decide if the Pro model is worth the extra $500 for anything other than the camera. Thank you in advance for your advice and time.
Hi p4p has 5.5 built in screen on remote ,i not sure other features i brought p4 instead,,its 60grams heaver, beta cam features after readin specs ,,to b honest look almost same on specs:)just had a look on uncle google

It sounds like the ordinary 4 will be a good unit for you.
Stepping up to Lightbridge will be a huge leap forward from what you're used to.
The camera is the big difference and much of the rest is the same or similar.
There are some little extras like the object avoidance having greater range and speed and the extra intelligent flight modes that might (?) trickle down to the 4.
You can use either battery in both the 4 and the pro.
You can check the differences here: Compare the Phantom Series - DJI
Whichever way you go, you'll have a great drone.
Hi p4p has 5.5 built in screen on remote
That's the Pro plus model only - not the regular Pro.

Thank you for the help, links and advice. It will allow me to save some money while still not buying too far backwards into the technology.

I do have a couple more questions. I'm looking at a kit from Amazon, actually sold by Kazoom, that comes with a bunch of stuff for 1859.00 here and I'm wondering if this is a good deal for what all it has, along with this queston. Are their different versions of the Pro, like a newer version, that maybe I would be better buying from someone else rather than a seller from Amazon? Just wouldnt want to get an older model of an updated design.

Last edited:
There are really only two versions, 4Pro and 4Pro+ Of course different releases but most of the updates are in software/firmware. Sounds like you have been looking at some bundle options.

Just to piggyback on what was already mentioned, other than huge differences in the camera, the speed especially in s-mode is night and day --- 45 mph. Vision sensors forward,back and down and sensor distance has increased substantially. Remote can operate in 2.4 and 5.8 GHz vs. just the 2.4 --- and the Pro having a longer flight time. Although I have read that the 4 might be able to use the high capacity battery, I don't think is is recommended by DJI.
PS: I have two P4Pros with very low hours and in exceptional condition. Getting ready to post and sell one at a discounted price if you are interested in going the P4P route. PM me if there is an interest. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20