P4P (30 flights in) quick disconnect hub play - is this normal?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Checking the wear of my machine 30 flight in -- remembering a post I read about abrupt propeller loss from a pilot who was quite ritual about preflight checks -- I noticed some play on my quick disconnect hubs, all 4 motors.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this normal? Never paid attention previously. Knowing these things go through some serious force during operation I can't be too careful... Can you check yours and let me know?

Wish DJI would release some sort of a maintenance manual...

Thanks!

Have you tried tightening the screws?

Maybe they are supposed to "float" for alignment purposes.

I kinda thought you might have, but thought I would mention it... NO don't over torque them!
I am sorry, I don't have a P4, but was going by your video of the loose pieces.

Still think they are supposed to float, and the props locate on the metal pin and the spring holds the props in the quick disconnect when installed....

That's common (for the plastic hub to have some play). I haven't noticed it on mine, but there have been several posts about it. Consensus is that it is NOT a problem. Most folks report 2 loose, 2 snug.

That's common (for the plastic hub to have some play). I haven't noticed it on mine, but there have been several posts about it. Consensus is that it is NOT a problem. Most folks report 2 loose, 2 snug.

I casually lurk on these forums, DJI and rcgroups and I haven't seen any consensus. How long have you had your P4P+?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen