P4... Worst decision EVER

Reaction score
After much contemplation, finally sprung for the P4. Picked it up on Thursday. Unboxed it at home to discover that the battery that came in the box wont do anything, no indicator lights and nothing happens when placed on the charger. Fortunately, I had bought 2 spare batteries which seemed to work fine. Went ahead and did all the updates Thursday night and went out to fly it yesterday afternoon. Got about 23 mins of flight time but kept getting a VISION SYSTEM ERROR. Video was all choppy but thought maybe that was a computer issue. Charged everything up and went out this mornING and now can't get more than 15 feet away before it loses signal and RTH. Spent the whole morning reading forums, calibrating, and backing up software versions, still no joy. I f someone has some ideas I would be happy too try anything, otherwise I will take this POS back where it came from!!!

App 2.8.1 (had 2.8.2)
Version 01.01.0411
Remote 1.6.0

Figuring out flight logs now

plug your drone into the computer, & update it, & caliberate it via (by the computer screen) way ,then update your remote , after that & it dont work, i would say what ever you used to view it not good, i used a ipod touch 5gen and alway disconnected bad signal, But after i used a friend iphone 6 plus, i had no issue & seen everything & went farther , so it was my viewing system(iPod) the whole time

Did all of the calibrations and updated firmware, remote, and app. Using a Samsung Note4 which is recommended by DJI. Rebooted everything multiple times. Downgraded firmware. I've done everything you can read on here or DJI forum. Seems that this has been an ongoing problem for several weeks. Literally... loses signal at about 12-15 feet horizontally or vertically.

I would take it back to where I got and get a new one. Doing too much messing with a new product that showed issues out of the box gives the Retailer excuses for not accepting return. Curious, where you bought it?

I had all kinds of Note 4 issues just getting it to connect and activating it. Used an old IPad and everything seems great. I'll try the Note 4 again just to see what happens. After using the Ipad my Note 4 connects now. I'll report more after I fly it.

I had all kinds of Note 4 issues just getting it to connect and activating it. Used an old IPad and everything seems great. I'll try the Note 4 again just to see what happens. After using the Ipad my Note 4 connects now. I'll report more after I fly it.

Note4 has connected without issue every time.

Did all of the calibrations and updated firmware, remote, and app. Using a Samsung Note4 which is recommended by DJI. Rebooted everything multiple times. Downgraded firmware. I've done everything you can read on here or DJI forum. Seems that this has been an ongoing problem for several weeks. Literally... loses signal at about 12-15 feet horizontally or vertically.

Return that bad boy back to best buy and get another one!

Sounds like you may have a dud or perhaps a fake?? I had video stream disconnection issues at 400m in the beginning flying with an Ipad Air2, but seems way better after upgrade. One issue i have noticed recently is that my photos and videos have red and white spots on them when you zoom in on PC in lightroom. Definitely return that one and wait for the P5. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

sorry to hear all your bad luck ...as others have stated stop messing around with it and exchange it for another....i bought mine on 7-8-16 from best buy also and not one issue since owning it...good luck

I would also recommend that you swap this one for another: it is just too unreliable. Who knows what will happen 6 months from now if you experienced these issues out of the box. Perhaps nothing, but at point you'll have very few options to get rid of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic