P4 white balance camera question

Reaction score
My recordings a very bright... any advice on how to adjust the white balance or color? Should I get a filter / filters ?

Have you tried rotating the dial on the top right of the controller?

Use the right dial to adjust the EV settings to switch from light to dark in still photos. How much is enough? Watch the results of the dial movement in the On-screen Histogram. Move the peaks and valleys away from the extreme edges of the Histogram. Push the shutter button and smile. Tweak the final results on post production editing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The aperture is fixed at 2.8. Unless it is sunset or later you are going to need nd filters to get the correct exposure.

Unless it is sunset or later you are going to need nd filters to get the correct exposure.
Not so - in auto mode the camera will simply increase shutter speed (or lower shutter speed/increase ISO) to arrive at the appropriate exposure value. Of course this depends on the scene - if there is too much contrast between bright and dark areas it my well under or overexpose.

ND filters are simply a tool to reduce the amount of light entering the camera to enable you to lower the shutter speed in bright conditions to get closer to the magic 2X frame rate setting.

Either take it off Auto mode and adjust manually (shutter speed) or adjust the exposure compensation down to where it looks right.
Put the histogram up on screen (the Menu where the Photo/Video settings are, Wrench tab) and as said above, adjust for the scene to keep the hills & valleys from touching the extreme sides.

Right side is for highlights , left side is Shadow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers