P4 When to recharge battery after flight?

Reaction score
Hey all! Ok first off, I've read all my manuals and watched the videos and don't remember seeing anything on this topic.

How long should I wait after a flight to recharge the battery for another flight? Is it safe to charge it right away to fly again or should I wait a short while as a cool down phase before putting it back on the charger?

Thanks everyone in advance! :)

Hey all! Ok first off, I've read all my manuals and watched the videos and don't remember seeing anything on this topic.

How long should I wait after a flight to recharge the battery for another flight? Is it safe to charge it right away to fly again or should I wait a short while as a cool down phase before putting it back on the charger?

Thanks everyone in advance! :)
Opened the same topic 2days ago in p3 forum.
U have to wait till it gets to room temperature. What id recommend is not to put battery in the bag when heading back home.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is it safe to charge it right away to fly again or should I wait a short while as a cool down phase before putting it back on the charger?
The battery will not charge if it's too warm. The time it needs to cool down really depends on the current temperature where the battery is located.

From the manual:

The battery will only charge when the temperature is between 5°C (41°F) and 40°C (104°F).

Because of this I have 4 batteries. I always make sure that they have had sufficient time to cool down after the day's festivities.

Reactions: Pharm
Personally I bought a LiPo bag to put my battery into during the transportation, after the flight and then also during the charging cycle.. it's safer and recommended!
Generally I wait about 1 hour to put it in charge to be sure the temperature is cool enough!!

P.S. I'm new in this group and sorry if my English isn't perfect... I'm still studying!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you everyone for the prompt replies. It's great that the battery is smart enough to not charge when it's too hot or cold, however waiting for it to be at room temp and completely cooled off is sound advice. I ordered two more batteries today so I'll have a total of 3. Like someone else stated, I agree with having multiple batteries so I can rotate them through and give plenty of cool down. Again, thank you everyone for your advice!

On a side note. How long do you fly your drone before allowing the actual drone some cool down? I have to imagine that the prop motors get pretty warm after a few batteries go through it. Thanks again!

How long do you fly your drone before allowing the actual drone some cool down?
You can fly batteries back-to-back. There's no need to rest the Phantom in between flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1