P4 vs Typhoon Q500

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a small side business of drone photography going and I'm trying to decide between the P4 and the Q500. I have owned 2 Phantom 3's in the past and the only issue I ever had was range issues, which look like they might be solved with the P4. Could I please get some input from someone who has had both or any opinion is appreciated. Thank you.

Joel

What kind of photography will you be doing? Does it require that you fly long distances?

Mainly real estate and agriculture. I'd prefer whichever one gives the best range

The range is exactly the same -- as shown here.

If range is your only concern and you don't want to spend a lot, then you should get a Phantom 3 Advanced/Professional instead. Range aside, the Phantom 4 does have a lot of great new features.

Comparing Typhoon H with P4.

Yuneec
Pros:
Unlimited 360 gimbal (it rotates endlessly which is even better than Inspire 1)
Hexacopter which means it can fly in case motor failure
Built in Monitor and sunshade
Folder arms
Two batteries included

Cons:
No battery capacity indicator
shorter Fly time
shorter range
longer startup time
Lightbridge
Speed(P4 has sport mode)

I have owned 2 Phantom 3's in the past and the only issue I ever had was range issues, which look like they might be solved with the P4.
Range issues with the P3 ??
Did you have the Standard or a Pro or Advanced?
The P3 Pro and Advanced have about the best range you'll get in a ready to fly drone.
The P4 specs show the same range and some users are getting similar distances while many are unable to.

In my humble opinion for your purpose the P4 suits you best due to range. However I have heard/read that Yuneec has far better customer service compared to DJI. The 360 rotation is nice but not necessary, collapsible landing gear is also nice but again not necessary. Your concerns should be with camera quality as well.

Reactions: maseman88
Range issues with the P3 ??
Did you have the Standard or a Pro or Advanced?
The P3 Pro and Advanced have about the best range you'll get in a ready to fly drone.
The P4 specs show the same range and some users are getting similar distances while many are unable to.

Thank you for the kind replies. I owned 2 P3 Pros and each one only had ranges at best between 1000ft and 1500ft. That's vertical and horizontal Never did figure out why. I've been out of the game about a year now, but it looks like there are some after market products that can help increase the range, if, heaven forbid, the P4 has the same range issue.

Thank you for the kind replies. I owned 2 P3 Pros and each one only had ranges at best between 1000ft and 1500ft. That's vertical and horizontal Never did figure out why. I've been out of the game about a year now, but it looks like there are some after market products that can help increase the range, if, heaven forbid, the P4 has the same range issue.
You should have been able to manage 10,000 feet without any trouble in a good area with the Pro or Advanced and all P3s will go to 1600 feet high.
If you were stuck at 1500 ft it sounds like you had the distance limit set at 500 metres or you were in an area with a lot of interference.

You should have been able to manage 10,000 feet without any trouble in a good area with the Pro or Advanced and all P3s will go to 1600 feet high.
If you were stuck at 1500 ft it sounds like you had the distance limit set at 500 metres or you were in an area with a lot of interference.

500meters=1640 feet.

One of the great advantages of the Q500 for you would be the hand gimbal. That way you can go from steady aerial photography to steady indoor / ground shots with the videos looking the same. Also the Q500 comes with a case and an extra battery for less than the cost of a P4.

One of the things to consider is flying indoors!
It would be great to have large open areas shone off to great advantage

The P4 has collision avoidance and can mount prop guards easily.
The Q500 is a lot bigger and does not usually use prop guards.

P4 also allows you to automatically do point of interest flying the Q500 does not.
For the shots you are going to want to get this is rather difficult to pull off manually.

Im sure the yuneec is more stable in higher winds than he p4 seeing its a hex. I ground my p4 last due to high winds. Pulled out the inspire to get the job done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie