P4 vs the P3P - Who has or has had both?

Reaction score
I recently got back in to the DJI scene and I bought a P3P from Best Buy on a killer deal. Basically I got a P3P and two extra batteries for like $1120 on my BB credit card with 12 months interest free financing. I have flown the aircraft like five times now and it handles great. Having two extra batteries gives me a solid hour in the air which is more than plenty of fun for me.

My curiosity also has me looking at the P4 but the same setup as what I have would run me like $1700 which is greatly higher than what I paid for my P3P. So I wanted to ask the people in this forum who have owned both. Is the P4 really worth an extra $600 in my situation? I've watched plenty of Youtube videos and most people like the P4 but the video comments underneath the videos always have people saying how the P4 has worse flying distance over the P3P.

Opinions?

Keep the 3 and enjoy it this summer into fall. Then next spring you can be all set for Phantom 4. I think it's really fun to be a part of the latest greatest on day one but this far in to P4 it's not new anymore.

Bought my P3P from Amazon (All e RC) for $989. It came with 2 batteries and a DJI back pack carrying case. 12 months no interest. I was going to get it from BB also but this was a better deal. Couldn't be happier with it. P4 is just too much especially this is my first drone. Less than a month after receiving it, I now have 3 batteries, and many other accessories. No reason for me to pay well over $1k. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought my P3A a month after it was released for $1100 including an extra battery haha

Honestly, I would stick with the P3. It will meet your expectations. The P4 has that fancy obstacle avoidance system, slightly better flight time, slightly better camera etc but its the same remote so Im sure the range should be the same

I recommend getting a high quality wind surfer for your antenna and have some fun.

I recently got back in to the DJI scene and I bought a P3P from Best Buy on a killer deal. Basically I got a P3P and two extra batteries for like $1120 on my BB credit card with 12 months interest free financing. I have flown the aircraft like five times now and it handles great. Having two extra batteries gives me a solid hour in the air which is more than plenty of fun for me.

My curiosity also has me looking at the P4 but the same setup as what I have would run me like $1700 which is greatly higher than what I paid for my P3P. So I wanted to ask the people in this forum who have owned both. Is the P4 really worth an extra $600 in my situation? I've watched plenty of Youtube videos and most people like the P4 but the video comments underneath the videos always have people saying how the P4 has worse flying distance over the P3P.

Opinions?

Well I bought my P4 for for right under 1500 and that's with 2 extra batteries for a total 3.

As for flying distance my P4 actually went 1500-2000ft further than my p3p out of the box. Honestly, I don't care about the new features. I fly with obstacle avoidance off 90% of the time. I kept the P4 and sold my p3p solely because of the build quality. And, sport mode is nice..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj