P4 vs P3 controller

Reaction score
I'm sure this subject has been hashed through before. But now that there are plenty of active P4 flyers out there I figured I'd ask again.

What are the differences between the controllers for the P3 and P4, and are there any discernible changes or upgrades to video quality output when flying a P4 with its controller versus flying it with a controller from a P3?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The P4 controller is basically the same as the P3 controller except that it replaces the F mode (IOC) with an S mode (sport) on the left and on the right it replaces the Media library button with a Pause button.

And the P4 remote comes now in a glossy finish.

The downlink quality on the P4 is the same as the P3P (4-10mbps).

P3A owners upgrading to a P4 will see a major upgrade in live feed quality.

P3A has its downlink locked at 2mbps which looks pretty bad IMO. P3P and P4 allows you to choose between 4-10mbps
Just checked to be sure. Going through the DJI Go app > Image Transmission Settings > Custom > Transmission Quality > I can set this slider between 4 (3 km) to 10 (0.7 km) Mbps on my P3A? What's wrong here?

Even though that slider is there on the P3A, it is still locked and broadcasting at 2mbps. Having said that and having had both a P3A, P3P and now a P4, I can safely say thatchers is NO discernible difference in video quality. Some people who fly with goggles report a difference, but using a tablet or phone you will not see any difference between all 3.

Just checked to be sure. Going through the DJI Go app > Image Transmission Settings > Custom > Transmission Quality > I can set this slider between 4 (3 km) to 10 (0.7 km) Mbps on my P3A? What's wrong here?

Even though that slider is there on the P3A, it is still locked and broadcasting at 2mbps. Having said that and having had both a P3A, P3P and now a P4, I can safely say thatchers is NO discernible difference in video quality. Some people who fly with goggles report a difference, but using a tablet or phone you will not see any difference between all 3.
Ah, that's good to know! Thanks. Hope DJI removes that slider for P3A owners to prevent such confusion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1