P4 tilted horizon

Well, the new birds is a piece of garbage, won't show firmware and when I use both iPhone and my android tablet, weak signal and Cannot take off, **** BS man, signal meters are pegged, I'm getting real sick of this

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

IMU or compass won't show up, by the way it was fine until I tried to update it

Try uninstalling the DJI GO App Sim597. That worked for me when I was having weak transmission signal
Lol, ok so why, WHY! (And it was showing "no signal" in red with the camera and the bars full) would one remote connect, the new one and mine not!? ??? Think guys?
Because the bird won't update! And my remote is, so it would bind and had strong signal, but remember they won't fly with one upgraded.

I remembered guys saying they updated their birds thru the app, but it wasn't showing up, just no signal, but when I hooked up the stock remote and "bound" it, it said both needed update, but only let me pick the remote, just like before with other bird. But at the home screen, THERE was an UpDATE over wifi thru the phone, needed that little adapter, and Bobs my Mutha Truckin' Uncle!!

So now after update and of course all the IMU and gimbal and camera calibrations, it also connects to the firmware now on the assistant on the MacPro, so, whew! I was pissed to say the least, but knew there had to be a way, I just had to use the noggin this time.

I have video and pics, my horizon I can live with, it may have good days and bad days, but when I post the vids anyone with a horizon problem, would gladly trade for what I have to deal with, it's almost perfect, went off a little here and there, but in panos and I got some good testing it with 3 batteries now, the horizon is I'd say 90% maybe even a little better almost always on the money. Where I'd rate the other one at 50%-60% money, so vs a possible 92%, I'll live with that. I didn't want it to lose signal and RTH on maiden flights today, range seems a little better, also got the Panasonic card vs the lexar in the first, I kept 2 props and the card for my troubles.
Left plastic on the P4 remote to sell on eBay,
034a3d491f67ca5a5bb815668c3b1cbc.jpg

Reactions: Stealthmatt
I have been having this problem and sent it in for repair. I have not tested it but I can tell you what Invoice says:

Phantom 4 - 23125 Motor
Phantom 4 - Roll Motor
Phantom 4 - Roll Shaft Bracket
Phantom 4 - Roll Shaft Rear Cover
Phantom 4 - Gimbal Yaw-shaft & Roll shaft ESC board

Basically new gimbal.

Basically new gimbal.]

I did the replacement because of what u had said about replacing, so I'm glad you replied. This install made we work for it tho, two completely different experiences.

Reactions: Stealthmatt
I did the replacement because of what u had said about replacing, so I'm glad you replied. This install made we work for it tho, two completely different experiences.

Yeah, its unfortunate and a hassle, but the video is what makes the phantom, and if the horizon is off - then it really isn't worth using (not fit for the purpose it was bought for).

I am happy that you got it replaced, it will slightly go out as you spin, but compared to my first phantom was so much worse and the more you flew it the worse it was.

The one I have now, like yours will occasionally slightly goes out, but it corrects its self pretty well straight away.

Happy flying :D

I have been having this problem and sent it in for repair. I have not tested it but I can tell you what Invoice says:

Phantom 4 - 23125 Motor
Phantom 4 - Roll Motor
Phantom 4 - Roll Shaft Bracket
Phantom 4 - Roll Shaft Rear Cover
Phantom 4 - Gimbal Yaw-shaft & Roll shaft ESC board

Following up on this. You hadn't tested it when you posted this.

Did the DJI servicing fix the issue?

I tried a bunch of stuff, like flying in the direction I wanted to fix it, and using up/down camera, all kinds of crazy stuff hoping it was/is an issue that has a totally benign (easy) way to fix this issue. In the thread you'll see how they're talking about holding down the C button(s) and adjusting, but if you yaw for a pano let's say, it'll surely be off again
Yeah, the Panos and Orbit shots will affect my work/payment greatly!

I had a P4 with almost no issues. Went to a brother, bought a new one over this past black friday, and the horizon issues are total crap. This is a tool for my profession. The gimble in zero wind cannot even support its own weight and drops slowly. Not going to supply shots worthy of payment. This sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr