P4 Styrofoam Case Dimensions

Reaction score
If you own a P4, can you please tell me what the dimensions are for the Styrofoam case? I'd like to see if that Styrofoam case will fit in my GPC limited edition backpack after I remove the original foam insert. I also have a GPC wheeled hardcase for my P3P, so if it would fit in there too that would be awesome!

Still weighing out my options to help me determine whether or not to purchase a P4 to replace or add it along with my P3P.

Approximately 14 3/4" without handle or 15 1/8" with x 12 5/8" x 8 5/8"

If you cut the foam a little wider for the legs and cut the battery holes bigger you could keep your same cases. I was going to cut the foam in my dronecrates backpack and use foam glue to re-position the foam between the battery holes but I was lucky enough to still be within the generous 60 day return window.

Thanks for dimensions! I was trying to see if I could just remove existing insert and just place the P4 case directly into it, since the P4 case already has the cutouts.

I just verified that it would work. In fact, my GPC backpack would have about several inches of extra space for padding or other things
IMG_3518.JPG
IMG_3519.JPG

Awesome, glad it will work but be aware the foam the phantom 4 comes with is styrofoam and will start flaking off eventually.

You should write GPC with proof of ownership & purchase the P4-compatible insert for your backpack which will surely be forthcoming.

Thanks for dimensions! I was trying to see if I could just remove existing insert and just place the P4 case directly into it, since the P4 case already has the cutouts.

I just verified that it would work. In fact, my GPC backpack would have about several inches of extra space for padding or other thingsView attachment 47322 View attachment 47323

I looked at this last night. It seems like the area that needs to be cut is the foam I noted in green. The landing gear is now in these areas. As we all know the battery slots are smaller. If you only use 3 batteries it might work to take the center divider out. I am sure the lager battery would fit on the larger openings in orange. Just an idea.......

IMG_3518_JPG_and_P4_Styrofoam_Case_Dimensions___DJI_Phantom_Forum.jpg

You should write GPC with proof of ownership & purchase the P4-compatible insert for your backpack which will surely be forthcoming.

I did this and this is what they told me.

Hello,

So, I want to make sure I understand your question... You can purchase replacement foam for the Phantom 3 backpack and case to fit the P3. But when it comes to the Phantom 4, the case and backpack have to be purchased new because it does not fit into the P3 backpack and case. I do hope I was able to answer your question. If not please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you

Customer Support

Corporate Office

9245 Brown Deer Road, Suite A

San Diego, Ca 92121

855-223-2932

[email protected] | www.gpcinc.com

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members