P4 still photos

Reaction score
I've recently decided to shoot some still with my P4. Considering the limitations of the camera, I've been pleasantly surprised with the stills I've been getting. (Please forgive the lens flare, light was less than ideal.)

Hope Valley, CA.
hope valley aerial.jpg

Washoe Valley, NV.
washoe lake aerial.jpg

Thanks for the look.

Cheers,
rc

DJI_0295.JPG
I've recently decided to shoot some still with my P4. Considering the limitations of the camera, I've been pleasantly surprised with the stills I've been getting. (Please forgive the lens flare, light was less than ideal.)

Hope Valley, CA.
View attachment 75713

Washoe Valley, NV.
View attachment 75712

Thanks for the look.

Cheers,
rc

Heck yea, those are great. This is an historic winter--keep shooting! These will be all the more interesting as time goes on. Intrinsic value on top of your artwork.

I've made prints from the P3 that are darn good, the P4 is a lot better. Of course I covet the P4P! A very simple way to get really good results is to shoot panoramas with lots of overlap--then crop back to original composition. Huge difference--like that of a larger sensor. Also, the P3 has noticeable fall-off in sharpness around the edges. Above technique allows for trimming edges back to the center sweet spot. It's easy and free. Drones are great for panoramas--always level, easy bracketing, and I can finnese a composition better than with tripod. I shoot the canon 5d m3---so have real world comparison to full frame sensors. Some of my drone images are 30-50 MB and can be printed to ridiculous sizes. Below is single p3 frame of alfalfa circle (actually wheat grass)--a good test with sprinkler detail.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj