P4? So glad I did not buy it.

Wow a couple weeks out and the jury of a few have deemed the P4 a complete failure! Best Phantom I have owned,by leaps and bounds. Completely satisfied with my purchase. Good to know you base your decisions on a select few that need to be loud.

DITTO! love it! super happy with the p4. much better than i anticipated :) i let my son fly it today for the first time, he was amazed by the stability vs other DJI birds and loved activetrack

Reactions: hqcariello
Coming from an Inspire 1 to the phantom 4 and having flown a phantom 1 and 2, I think the Phantom 4 is perfect, so what I cant get 5km, so what I cant get 28 minutes, I still get more than the phaontom 1 and 2 and Inspire 1 (phantom 4 gets me about 21-22 minutes)

The Phantom 4 is great and just the perfect little drone I need :)

Last edited:
Gee, I just wish I was as rich as all of you and could afford to purchase one. But, my P2V is still working OK. That is if this #&^%$%^* winter ever ends.

Reactions: dirkclod
so a minute % of buyers have issues - im surprised you buy anything at all with that outlook !

the vast majority who are flying without issues are enjoying themselves, but you can always sit and wait for the "perfect" drone, then wonder why you have gone through life and never bought one ;)
Well said,,,, P4 has been great,,,,,,,,,,,not sure if obstacle avoidance is perfect yet,,,,,,,,,,not great in low light but expected, that,,,,,,,,,overall 100%

People who are waiting for the perfect drone would never fly one guess why , there is no such animal called perfect drone , or perfect TV or even perfect wife

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: hqcariello
I have read with a lot of interest the thoughts, experiences and problems some of you have been having with the new P4. A significant number of you have been returning them.

So glad I waited. A combination of manufacturing and soft/firmware problems seem to have plagued this release.

On paper it sounded so good. Some of the new features like collision avoidance and the tracker mode made it very tempting. Extended battery life, which looks to be a false claim.

So thank you for publishing your views on the new model. They have helped me, and probably others, know we made the right choice in waiting. :) No doubt the P4A, or whatever, will be out soon.
Ive built n bought many quadcopters non as of today have equaled the phantom line in quality n flying overall experience for the money as per my experience .

With the recent lawsuit DJI filed, any thoughts of my getting a P4 have vanished. That and the fact that DJI will bring your drone down on a whim.

I have read with a lot of interest the thoughts, experiences and problems some of you have been having with the new P4. A significant number of you have been returning them.

So glad I waited. A combination of manufacturing and soft/firmware problems seem to have plagued this release.

On paper it sounded so good. Some of the new features like collision avoidance and the tracker mode made it very tempting. Extended battery life, which looks to be a false claim.

So thank you for publishing your views on the new model. They have helped me, and probably others, know we made the right choice in waiting. :) No doubt the P4A, or whatever, will be out soon.
Really????? Wow!!! I've been having lots of fun with mine. No issues to report. The so called "range gate " fallacy proven false. I've flown mine over 10k FT out. Pictures are sharper than my P3P . Videos are superb. All features working on mine. I must be among the thousands who are happy with it.

Reactions: ringolong

Wow, never expected so many replies to what was almost an off the cuff comment.

Let me clarify things a little. I was very tempted to buy the P4 on the basis of the claims made. Greater distance, battery life and all around improvement in the Phantom performance. At this point you usually get comments like "Jimmy flew his 200 miles and the battery lasts for days etc" great. I believe you. But sufficient enough members have expressed dissatisfaction about their recent purchase to give me pause for thought. Everything new has teething problems, real or imagined. If you are happy with your P4 then smashing. I am happy for you.

My P3P is working well, subject to occasional 'opps' on my part. So I will keep flying it until I outgrow it, which hopefully will be quite a while from now. Only then will I consider swapping it out for a later model.

As for complaining and not complementing you obviously do not know me, and there is no reason you should, at all. I make it a point to write and compliment companies and people for their service and products. Be that a hotel or the guy who sold me a bottle of Bilt Hamber alloy cleaner on the internet last week. I take an occasional Mars bar to the girl that looks after my horse because she puts that bit extra in and I feel she should know I appreciate it.

My philosophy is that everyone should be as quick to thank as they are to complain. Everyone is entitled to their point of view, even if it is stupid. :) And someone always knows better than you do. I am a great believer in others personal reviews of products etc. They tend to be far more frank (no pun intended) and honest than the manufacturers blurb. Hence the reason for my original comment.

I apologise if any of you feel I was attacking your pride and joy your new P4, that was not my intention. I meant what I simply said, "So glad I waited and did not buy a P4" If I had said the P4 is a heap of ******** (make up your own word) then you could complain. Just glad I no longer impulse buy with "I want one" eyes. :) That was the original intent, so glad I did not buy until they have sorted out the teething problems.

Reactions: Myetkt

I got my P4 last week and I have been flying it with no issues. its awesome!

Wow, never expected so many replies to what was almost an off the cuff comment.

Let me clarify things a little. I was very tempted to buy the P4 on the basis of the claims made. Greater distance, battery life and all around improvement in the Phantom performance. At this point you usually get comments like "Jimmy flew his 200 miles and the battery lasts for days etc" great. I believe you. But sufficient enough members have expressed dissatisfaction about their recent purchase to give me pause for thought. Everything new has teething problems, real or imagined. If you are happy with your P4 then smashing. I am happy for you.

My P3P is working well, subject to occasional 'opps' on my part. So I will keep flying it until I outgrow it, which hopefully will be quite a while from now. Only then will I consider swapping it out for a later model.

As for complaining and not complementing you obviously do not know me, and there is no reason you should, at all. I make it a point to write and compliment companies and people for their service and products. Be that a hotel or the guy who sold me a bottle of Bilt Hamber alloy cleaner on the internet last week. I take an occasional Mars bar to the girl that looks after my horse because she puts that bit extra in and I feel she should know I appreciate it.

My philosophy is that everyone should be as quick to thank as they are to complain. Everyone is entitled to their point of view, even if it is stupid. :) And someone always knows better than you do. I am a great believer in others personal reviews of products etc. They tend to be far more frank (no pun intended) and honest than the manufacturers blurb. Hence the reason for my original comment.

I apologise if any of you feel I was attacking your pride and joy your new P4, that was not my intention. I meant what I simply said, "So glad I waited and did not buy a P4" If I had said the P4 is a heap of ******** (make up your own word) then you could complain. Just glad I no longer impulse buy with "I want one" eyes. :) That was the original intent, so glad I did not buy until they have sorted out the teething problems.

It's the sort of post that prompts reactions from those who are happy with the P4, as well as from those who wish to have one but feel comforted by the negative , as a rationalization from not buying one .

Reactions: Cale262

I've had NO issues with my P4....is it maybe that you cannot afford the price ???

I've had NO issues with my P4....is it maybe that you cannot afford the price ???
lol. What has price got to do with it? I could buy one tonight no problem but just spent a lot of money a few months ago on the P3, don't want to waste that. No I would rather wait until they improve the P4 even more. No doubt the niggly problems will be solved and the price will drop.

Reactions: StevenQX and Myetkt
Haha! Another p3 owner hating is all. I disliked my p3p so I upgraded to the p4.

yawning.jpg

Reactions: Cale262
Mine has flown flawlessly. Stable, boots up quickly, boot up sound is much less unpleasant than previous DJI products (also own DJI 550 and phantom vision 2). My 550 has Lightbridge, using futaba 14sg. I like the phantom 4 much better.

Picture and video quality are great, app works well, has tons of features.
Range seems totally acceptable for me. I've had mine 3000 feet away with rock solid signal, despite orientation of phantom (facing away, facing towards home, etc). I'm confident it can go a mile. Frankly I see no need for super extended range, other than bragging rights.

Had no issues installing firmware updates.

I'm getting roughly 25 minutes till 10% battery level, flying mixture of sport and gps.

Sure I have a few minor gripes, but that's more likely a lack of experience with the DJI go app.

It seems very well made, engineered. Appears much more durable, of much greater quality than previous DJI products.

Most that post on these type sites are complaining. Those that think the thing is great are out flying it (I'm sick with flu, hence my having time to post this positive review).

I'd suspect that most negative nellies are looking for negative posts, writing negative posts because they are envious and/or have just bought a phantom 3 and are unable to return.

The Phantom 4 is a game changer. Apple is featuring the Phantom 4, something they they have never done for a non Apple product, until the phantom 4. Love or hate Apple products, no one can argue about their build quality, well designed and beautiful build/appearance, functionality.

Apple would not have featured the Phantom 4 unless Apple saw it equivalent to one of their own products.

What game did it change?

Haha! Another p3 owner hating is all. I disliked my p3p so I upgraded to the p4.

View attachment 49293
P3 owners hating P4's and P4 owners hating P3's justifying the upgrade. Happens on every new release. I am still happily flying my 2 vintage P2's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20