P4? So glad I did not buy it.

This thread is mostly useless. We already have plenty of threads where everyone can defend why they do/don't like the P4. There's really no need for another. So unless you can hold a civilized conversation, please don't bother posting.

Reactions: Cale262
The price won't go down until a new version comes out and the complaints will start all over again about the newer more advanced version .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeh your comments saved me bucket loads of cash so glad I didn't waste it on 15 minute flight times

, I totally get that some feel that the p3p is better but most of that is subjective.
Hardly any objective opinions hereabouts..
I don't think it is subjective at all. I think it is pretty clear that the P3 has better range out of the box.

So if range is what is most important to you, the P3 is the still the best on the market. For me it is important. I really thank you guys in here for getting these things in the air and providing real world feedback. It saved me from buying something that would have disappointed me. I'm not saying that the 4 is bad. To the contrary it's fantastic.. And better in every way except range. I will wait until that changes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: peterepeat69
I don't think it is subjective at all. I think it is pretty clear that the P3 has better range out of the box.

So if range is what is most important to you, the P3 is the still the best on the market. For me it is important. I really thank you guys in here for getting these things in the air and providing real world feedback. It saved me from buying something that would have disappointed me. I'm not saying that the 4 is bad. To the contrary it's fantastic.. And better in every way except range. I will wait until that changes.

Here are facts on capable stock ranges. I feel like I have to keep posting this everywhere since people avoid facts like the plague around here.o_O

Official P4 Range Leaderboard

Reactions: mactech and Cale262
in 12 months time or less, it will be $799 or less.

the bugs worked out and i will buy one.

I'm sure there will be s price drop when GoPro releases their Karma drone. DJI has been pretty aggressive competing with new players.

Wasn't happy to learn of all the new features because they weren't any I would use but honestly who could possibly compare to what DGI produces? I won't buy the p4 because my p3 does everything I want it to and flawlessly. Look at it like this if there wasn't dji imagine how unhappy u would be with other drones out there. There's few to none that can actually compete with dji overall quality!!!

Here are facts on capable stock ranges. I feel like I have to keep posting this everywhere since people avoid facts like the plague around here.o_O

Official P4 Range Leaderboard
I have seen the leaderboard. I have also seen a bunch of threads regarding lack of range. I won't post the links.

Consumers are fickle.
Companies are in it for the money.

Rarely does a company hit a perfect balance of features and retail pricing especially when they are also competing against themselves and their previous achievements (P3P).

The P3P was an excellent example of improvement and features over previous models and offered at a acceptable price point.

Everyone is interested in and can use more battery time. CA, dual electronics, track me, shell design, etc., are not so big on a wish list for a new model release at a price point near P3P.

For many it comes down to flight time and only flight time.

I believe CA would have been a bigger draw if it was more like the automotive high speed CA. That would have allowed higher speed in PGPS and CA protection in sport mode.

That would likely target a bigger consumer base especially if they extended flight time over the P3P and retailed at the current price point.

I think DJI played it exactly this way.
If they test the water and get enough bad press, they will simply tweak firmware and make improvements.

Won't be the last time an engineering team pooched the results presented to management.

I have seen the leaderboard. I have also seen a bunch of threads regarding lack of range. I won't post the links.

Of course you have seen the complaints, thats because that is what people do... they complain much louder than they compliment. There are some people with range issues but there are many with no range issues. This thread ( Official P4 Range Leaderboard ) has stock P4's reaching anywheres from 15,000' to 20,000'. Every time a new model comes out there are a group of people who complain about random things. Range is affected by many, many things. I can stand in one spot where I fly and in one direction I can go twice as far as if I try to go the slightly different direction. If you are not happy with your P4 determine if it has a problem and if it does get it repaired. First buyers of tech items run into this type of thing so if you want to be first, you have to deal with some bugs. And that applies to most high tech items... cars, cell phones, computers and rc aircraft.

PS - there is a sticky for people with range issues. All new range threads will be closed - The Official "My P4 Range Is To Short" Thread - Don't Start New Range Threads!

Of course you have seen the complaints, thats because that is what people do... they complain much louder than they compliment. There are some people with range issues but there are many with no range issues. This thread ( Official P4 Range Leaderboard ) has stock P4's reaching anywheres from 15,000' to 20,000'. Every time a new model comes out there are a group of people who complain about random things. Range is affected by many, many things. I can stand in one spot where I fly and in one direction I can go twice as far as if I try to go the slightly different direction. If you are not happy with your P4 determine if it has a problem and if it does get it repaired. First buyers of tech items run into this type of thing so if you want to be first, you have to deal with some bugs. And that applies to most high tech items... cars, cell phones, computers and rc aircraft.

PS - there is a sticky for people with range issues. All new range threads will be closed - The Official "My P4 Range Is To Short" Thread - Don't Start New Range Threads!

That's true... It's also true people are so upset and disgruntled they attack the people that are trying to sing the praises. It's frustrating you can't say "I love my Phantom 4" without new and old people on here dissecting and are trying to tell you why you're wrong.

simple fact is there is no such thing as a perfect fault free drone, and if you are waiting for one you will have one helluva wait - its a tiny proportion who have issues, those with no issues tend not to come on forums and say what a nice time they have had, and those with issues add to their experiences and capabilities by analysng and sorting their issues which only benefits them as fliers ultimately

in 12 months time or less, it will be $799 or less.

the bugs worked out and i will buy one.
That is of course true of any technology! But at that time the P5 will very likely to be just around the corner and then you will have that decision all over again! ;-)

There is a lot of ranting in these forums as there are in just about any other forum of this nature. Some of the post you just take with a pinch of salt.. The only two glaring issues I can see are battery life and to some extent radio range which doesn't look to be much of an issue (IMO) unless you are planning a mission to Mars!

DJI will undoubtably update firmware once they've received enough feedback - but of course this is always on going… Fixes also introduce other errors too, so it just boils down to when you want the product or when you can afford it.

Of course you have seen the complaints, thats because that is what people do... they complain much louder than they compliment. There are some people with range issues but there are many with no range
I understand and agree with most of what you are saying. I also believe there is a real problem with the P4. Not an insurmountable problem but a problem that is documented. It will get fixed. I'm not a hater. I think the p4 is a fantastic bird. When the beta testing is over I will buy it or the P4P

I understand and agree with most of what you are saying. I also believe there is a real problem with the P4. Not an insurmountable problem but a problem that is documented. It will get fixed. I'm not a hater. I think the p4 is a fantastic bird. When the beta testing is over I will buy it or the P4P

Oddly enough, the P3S owners have a similar gripe. Some of them claim short range while others claim long range. I think it is more likely a problem stemming from several factors... mainly flight location and the users experience with long range flights. Some new owners of the P3S are still reporting short range so I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for DJI to do something.

I had a fc-40 modded with a walkera 2d gimbal and a gopro 4 before my Phantom 4. I am loving my Phantom 4. No complaints. The difference is absolutely night and day for me from my FC-40. The telemetry data, the gimbal, the real time video feed, and camera quality have made this a very enjoyable purchase for me. I am guessing if you are upgrading from a P3 it will be much less impressive.

Reactions: hqcariello
I have read with a lot of interest the thoughts, experiences and problems some of you have been having with the new P4. A significant number of you have been returning them.

So glad I waited. A combination of manufacturing and soft/firmware problems seem to have plagued this release.

On paper it sounded so good. Some of the new features like collision avoidance and the tracker mode made it very tempting. Extended battery life, which looks to be a false claim.

So thank you for publishing your views on the new model. They have helped me, and probably others, know we made the right choice in waiting. :) No doubt the P4A, or whatever, will be out soon.

I would never let someone other than my wife decide for me what I buy.

I really don't these issues you are speaking of. a few folks are not getting range they want or stuff like that .

I bet if you bought one and never read a word about it here or other forums you would be a very happy flyer with p4

for every complaint I bet 99 happy you not hear about..

good luck and have fun flying1

as far as price in a year , yea that will be under a k....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20