P4? So glad I did not buy it.

I would have figured that DJI has put enough of these phantoms out to have it down by now. Seem they over reached on some things like battery times and range. Other than this, Im sure they will figure it out in a few months.

Over reached range?
Official P4 Range Leaderboard

12553059_10156433950620224_5430512205486716078_n.jpg

Reactions: gmann21133
My first distance flight didn't go so well. Today I went a mile and a half before sign of signal loss. I was on the wall about taking mine back to Apple Monday, but now I feel like this will last me till the P6 comes out in 2 years.

Ditto ... why do they keep posting in the P4 forum if you don't own one .... PLEASE go to correct forum!!!
It's sad really, the same people i.e: bocephus-73 have nothing to add to the thread but continue to troll this form, and it if you disagree with him you are a "noob" not a "pro" like him. And he doesn't even own a P4. There is so much here from good people and if you can't take the time to cut through the bad you get poor information. Sad..

I have read with a lot of interest the thoughts, experiences and problems some of you have been having with the new P4. A significant number of you have been returning them.

So glad I waited. A combination of manufacturing and soft/firmware problems seem to have plagued this release.

On paper it sounded so good. Some of the new features like collision avoidance and the tracker mode made it very tempting. Extended battery life, which looks to be a false claim.

So thank you for publishing your views on the new model. They have helped me, and probably others, know we made the right choice in waiting. :) No doubt the P4A, or whatever, will be out soon.
For example the battery life reality. I posted this thread earlier. Don't believe everything you read, Habe the P3. The P4 is a better machine but a personal decision to spend the money to upgrade early.

P4 Battery Life myth (and my educated thoughts on range)

Reactions: Myetkt
The advertised flight time of 28 min. is not being achieved by anyone with credible evidence to back it up. Please re-read all the hundreds of posts again if you need proof that nobody is getting 28 min. flight times on the P4 battery.

My main beef is about the drastically reduced range. I have flown my P3P in all kinds of environments and RF interference and can consistently hit 3+ mile ranges. Some people are hitting 2.5 miles with the P4 but only under the most ideal conditions, and many with antenna booster kits.

The advertised flight time of 28 min. is not being achieved by anyone with credible evidence to back it up. Please re-read all the hundreds of posts again if you need proof that nobody is getting 28 min. flight times on the P4 battery.

My main beef is about the drastically reduced range. I have flown my P3P in all kinds of environments and RF interference and can consistently hit 3+ mile ranges. Some people are hitting 2.5 miles with the P4 but only under the most ideal conditions, and many with antenna booster kits.
Richardseguro posted a distance of 26743 feet stock on the distance thread, (that's more than 5 miles)and more and more are finding the battery is everything Dji says it is.. Now I could be wrong and he could be lying but don't you think it would fair to keep your opion to yourself since again you don't have one.

Last edited:
offtopic.gif

I have cleaned up the thread and issued warnings where needed. Lets slow the roll in here and attempt to keep it on topic.

No more political stuff, no belittling other members.

Were all here for the same love of aerial cinematography or photography (or both), lets try to be a little nicer to each other.

This seems to touch Base on almost all of the concerns first hand. I really Hope this helps everyone out.

Last edited:
On that same concept, people are always quick to complain for a service (such as cellphone service) but not so quick to preach its good things or when things go as expected. Meaning you see a lot of issues talked about, but at the same time i bet there are a staggering number of other users who are going about their business enjoying their P4 and getting whats expected. But they arent the ones filling up forum threads, so when you mostly get exposed to the bad eggs being reported, sometimes thats all certain people see.

Like the saying goes it's not a mystery why they fail... It's a mystery they work at all. So much R&D and time and engineering into modern technology e.g. cell phones, the Internet, RC vehicles in general, batteries, thin touchscreen tablets, FPV and so on. It's freaking' amazingly impressive. Some of us don't realize or appreciate what we have available to us, and at affordable rates, usually. That's my opinion of course.. .

Reactions: Timothy Irvin
It's called being an "informed consumer" --- and you should be be proud that you are one.

I will NEVER understand the blind loyalty to a particular company or brand. Makes absolutely no sense in a global marketplace. The very fundamental concept of free market capitalism encourages consumers to be rational and objective in their purchasing decisions in order to weed out the bad products and bad companies. It's natural selection as a business model.

:D

I disagree. People should and by majority follow brand loyalty because they've had a good or satisfying experience in the past.

What you're saying is People shouldn't be loyal to any brand and should research every time they buy a product. Probably the same guy that is a "Ford" or "Chevy" guy...

Brand loyalty is why great companies stay great. Apple is a good example of that, they are the gold standard in my book. Buy apple and you're guaranteed to be satisfied or you get your money back, no questions asked.

I buy Ritz crackers too... Because they are Ritz. Same is true of Samsung TV's, and Colgate toothpaste.

Brand loyalty literally has nothing to do with capitalism. Companies like DJI EARN business through their customer experience and past products. Now can they flop? Yes... And if that's the case then shame on them. Based on this last product everyone had all the reason in the world to buy the P4. Now, if you blindly buy a P5 or P4A, without checking it out first... Then you maybe are making questionable decisions.

Again based on everything DJI has done this far I think the consumer expected the best. And for the most the got the best of the current models on the market. Did DJI lie about battery life? Yes they did, BUT they lied last time too, so I assume everyone accepted last time enough to buy from them again? I did! DJI misrepresented their distance I bet in their last model but we all got over it. Of course some achieve their lofty range, and most didn't on this model or the last.

Is it disappointing, of course. But I think it's personal choice, and me, YOU for sure have no right to tell anyone they are "blindly" following anything. I made a decision to sell off everything and buy a P4... And I'm good with it. I love it. I love the CA, I love the Active track, the camera, the Props are super cool etc. I feel good not great about my purchase. If you don't you should sell it or take it back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jbundy63

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr