P4 shell blemishes?

Reaction score
Have any of you guys spotted any blemishes/imperfections on your brand new p4? When I first got my drone out of the box I found a couple of blemishes - dark spots on the shell. I know it's not a big deal, and I will probably won't care after 2-3 months of using it but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to brand new stuff[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N920I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got a photo?

Got a photo?
027cf2014b31698d297a533e706a77db.jpg

It's surely a small thing, but I'm with you on this one. I hate when I buy something new and even the littlest thing is wrong :(

I have received Phantoms before that had marks on them, but I was always able to clean them off. Did you try cleaning it with soap & water or something like Goo Gone?

Reactions: Flying Dre
Ah, too bad :(

You could exchange it, but it's probably more hassle than it's worth.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Yeah, definitely more hassle than it's worth. It's not a big deal as the marks are tiny but like you said hate when brand new thing is not perfect, especially on a polished product like P4

There have been quite a few complaints of hairline cracks appearing in the P4 shells as well as the front plastic of the batteries. Keep an eye for those forming over time/use. As long as they are not associated with a crash, DJI should replace them under warranty. Or they have previously at least.

There have been quite a few complaints of hairline cracks appearing in the P4 shells as well as the front plastic of the batteries. Keep an eye for those forming over time/use
Apart from 2 small (yet noticeable) blemishes on the shell I didn't find any hairline cracks but I will keep this in mind, thank you.

My brand new p4 have the propellers and battery in this colors. As for the small dark mark is easy to clean using alcohol wipe.
5681a93629ab6f6c71e127c662fad73c_thumb.jpg

4bc59ade1e43afaa402f0ad5977f9550_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine came with what looked like a purplish birthmark. By the time I noticed, I had done all the firmware upgrades and was ready to go so I just kept it. It is part of the plastic coloring.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Flying Dre
Mine has purple blemish on near one of the motors. I think it was coloring from case. I manged to get it off with isopropyl cleaner. Needed quite a few stern wipes but it came off. Entire craft is now a perfect white.

Looks like it is in the same spot too! Well let this be the worst thing that could ever happen to our drones. As long as mechanically they are fine, I am happy (this is not to say I wouldn't want to get the brand new P4 without any blemishes)

Check to see if your P4 has these 'lines' under the 2 front arms....

Someone (DJI expert or employee I'm guessing) on the DJI forum stated it was nothing to worry about.

I didn't notice the 'lines' at the end if the arms before. Hoping they too are mold marks. Mold marks also circled before the light/closer to the body on the front 2 arms. The surface still feels smooth over it. Anyone else see these at the end of the arms?
13ad0c5ac0cb4ba252c58e9625d42f76.jpg
143c0f3c2d01a4069112f1650edffb57.jpg

And the fact you can light penetrates the 'mold mark' so clearly makes me wonder if it will lead to issues down the road.

992043400570686eed93d1e0ed35ceb8.jpg
26ee323c51990af1e4ba392697bc1854.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj