P4 Saved my House -- but my first crash all at the same time.

Hi guys just joined,waiting for the funds to get the phantom4,have a couple of questions I'm sure somebody can help me with.Im located in Australia and am I right in assuming the p4in the USA is somehow different from those here in Australia? And if so how.Also does the p4 have a built in mic,seen lots of video some with lots of wind noise sounds a bit silly question but as I said still waiting to buy the p4 so learning a lot on this forum .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just saw this dudex and glad it worked out like it did and hope the party went well :)
Now
is this supposed to be real??? it sounds completely made up to me. and of course there's no video... i dont know - just too many people faking for attention for me to be able to believe you acted quickly enough to put out a house fire with your drone.
so if someone is older than you, they don't lie?? got it. thanks dad.

btw - i saved a drowning baby with my drone today. video got wet, can't share.
cowboy-shaking-head.gif
Don't start .

Reactions: Numone
Everything was good --- Just had to replace all the props.
And clean off the dust (seems to get dusty when you grind into shingles)

As for making it up -- I wish I was that creative...
But whatever -- I hope all take what they read on the internet with a suspicious eye!
(as for house fire -- it was just the Lantern -- that was burning -- but could not tell from the ground -- When roofing co. came out today -- they examined the area -- and it was scorched -- but not that bad they stated. (I was lucky)

But as for the Phantom 4 -- it's a sturdy bird -- and I feel lucky I did not have to send it off for repairs.

Back to flying.

Fly safe you guys!

B.

Dudex, nice story too bad you did not have the card but great way to use your bird. Great to have a non-tech oriented post for a change.

This is 100% not true. By default the iPad will cache the FPV feed. This is widely known and lots of new pilots mess up and upload that video versus the one that is saved on a memory card. You don't have to be recording for the FPV to be cached either. I delete these cached videos all the time.
That's news to me, but I have always kept video cache off to prevent any other resources on the iPad being used for anything other than delivering the FPV feed, and the telemetry. However, the one time I needed it before having the cache turned off, when I forgot to turn on video record, there was no cached video available...

Hey dudex. Mrdronenut here in Liberty SC. Howdy neighbor!!!!!!! I've got several fellow Phantom pilots in the area that are trying to get a "Phantom fly in" together. Give me an email. [email protected].

even if you press record there are settings in my app that allow you to make your ipad not record the video

all i know is wind usually makes fires bigger. ever heard of "fan the flame" saying? i just know you can't believe everything on the internet, and this one def sounded way out there. but if true, good thing you didn't make it worse. would be hard to explain that one to the fire department why your flying a big fan over your house fire! lol

Hi guys just joined,waiting for the funds to get the phantom4,have a couple of questions I'm sure somebody can help me with.Im located in Australia and am I right in assuming the p4in the USA is somehow different from those here in Australia? And if so how.Also does the p4 have a built in mic,seen lots of video some with lots of wind noise sounds a bit silly question but as I said still waiting to buy the p4 so learning a lot on this forum .

Nice thread hijack!!!

You do realize the gentleman that you are insinuating is a liar, has a child that is two years your senior? Show some respect boy.
This is the Internet. Nothing said on the Internet by strangers should be considered at face value.. Regardless of how many posts or pics someone puts up.. The statement was just a comment on what he believes is a far fetched story..

Nice, quick thinking. Yes, while the quality may not be that great, you should still upload that cached video. Would be very interesting to see!
I dint know that it would cache video when there is no video card... I know it doesn't make sense and that one should not impact the other but... I had a flight where I forgot the card.. When I tried to view the cached video it was not there. So I'm not sure exactly what one has to do with the other but... It has happened to me too.

You do realise your iPad records the video regardless if you have the sd card in. Go into your previous flight and watch it.
It has been my experience that the iPad only records if you have pressed the record button.
With the SD card installed, there have been several times I forgot to press record, then wanted to review a flight but there was nothing in the Video Cache folder either.
I will have to try pressing the record button when the "No SD Card" message is on the screen to see if will start recording the downlink feed anyway.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If the roof caught fire and the house burned down, the homeowners insurance company would pay out for the damage.
But if the Phantom was destroyed putting out the lantern fire, thus saving the roof and building - would the homeowners insurance pay for the Phantom replacement? Yeah, sure.

even if you press record there are settings in my app that allow you to make your ipad not record the video
True, but no video will ever be recorded anywhere unless the video record button is first pressed. The video cache on the tablet requires active recording. It won't take place passively. The main benefit of the video cache, if turned on, is that any video recording written to the SD card will be duplicated in 720p on the tablet, so if you never recover the microSD card on the aircraft, you still have a low res version, that could also aid you in locating the aircraft and the microSD card with the high res original files.

This is the Internet. Nothing said on the Internet by strangers should be considered at face value.. Regardless of how many posts or pics someone puts up.. The statement was just a comment on what he believes is a far fetched story..

Without labouring over the point, I maintain my position. If he wouldn't say it to his face then he should keep his opinions to himself. This is not YouTube. If he would have said it, then let's agree to disagree as I am a bit old fashioned. I also didn't know this was the Internet. I have come to know several members here fairly well and dont consider them strangers. Perhaps all the work that has been put into PhantomPilots to bring a family of diverse people together who share a common love and to make us feel welcome, is nothing more than a facade for a Internet chat room. I don't feel that way.
As an example, we have a member who will be 80 years old in a few weeks. To me that is a big deal and a huge milestone. He is one of us, he does not know me, but he may be the eldest phantom pilot and I think everyone should wish him a happy birthday just because we are NOT just the Internet and even feel compelled to vote for a members newborn to win a prize to make his wife happy in another thread. I don't feel like this is the Internet, and if it is, I am in the wrong place.

Now.....back to the burning house please.

Without labouring over the point, I maintain my position. If he wouldn't say it to his face then he should keep his opinions to himself. This is not YouTube. If he would have said it, then let's agree to disagree as I am a bit old fashioned. I also didn't know this was the Internet. I have come to know several members here fairly well and dont consider them strangers. Perhaps all the work that has been put into PhantomPilots to bring a family of diverse people together who share a common love and to make us feel welcome, is nothing more than a facade for a Internet chat room. I don't feel that way.
As an example, we have a member who will be 80 years old in a few weeks. To me that is a big deal and a huge milestone. He is one of us, he does not know me, but he may be the eldest phantom pilot and I think everyone should wish him a happy birthday just because we are NOT just the Internet and even feel compelled to vote for a members newborn to win a prize to make his wife happy in another thread. I don't feel like this is the Internet, and if it is, I am in the wrong place.

Great post and wonderful sentiment!

I wish that people would treat each other this way whether it be an internet forum, a great life long friend, or a stranger walking through the door at Starbucks. There should be no prerequisites to being kind to one another. It should be the outcasts that aren't. Bravo!

Bravo! Well said, sir!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.