Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P4 & samsung galaxy note 8 tablet

Discussion in 'Phantom 4 Discussion' started by dony, Sep 10, 2016.

1. dony

setting up my P4 with my samsung galaxy note 8 tablet, end result drone work but no picture on camera, the camera movement control worked but no video, my galaxy 4 phone works fine, it seems the P4 doesn't like the note 8. anyone have any experience or knowledge about this problem.

ianzone likes this.
  2. AngusB

I have the Note 10.1 and most of the features in the app seemed to work but the video/map was off. The video would be ok on the main screen (though the frame rate was bad) but the box would appear in the lower corner with no map in it. If I switched the two there would be no map on the big screen and no video in the corner box. If I kept playing with it the app would eventually freeze for several seconds at a time. Never found a solution and never felt comfortable flying with it.
    Since it looks like there will never be another Note tablet, I gave up and bought a Tab S2 9.7, works great.
    Miss the pen. :(

3. dony

Thank you I will have to do the same, I appreciate your time and info

4. Richard Nels Powell

I have the Phantom P4 and I use the Galaxy Not 8 and it works great with both DJI Go4 and with Litchi.

5. PapaQ

6. PapaQ

I also have a note 8 that gives no camera video on the tablet but the same drone and RC work fine with my Samsung note 4 phone. I bought the tablet specifically to use with the drone because they claims my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 does not have enough memory cache so I am reluctant to fly with it. Both the DGIGO and LITCHI apps have the same failure. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere on the tablet.

7. Antonio P3S

I have the same problem: my P3S give no video feed despite the DJI GO or the Litchi app are perfectly connected.
    Trying the same thing on my Xiaomi Mi5 gives perfect video feed!

Any setting one could modify perhaps?

Thanks

8. Antonio P3S

Which Android version are you running? Which firmware on the bird? Which DJI Go/Litchi version?

Thanks

ianzone likes this.
  9. ianzone

Some galaxy tablets bit funny same as samsung that i use,,,android not powerful enough,,apple seems to b one of the most recomended device,,i looking at gettin one,,could b something in galaxy settin if its conecting :)good luck,

10. ianzone

Hi im usin djigo4 version 4.0.4.....android 4.0.2,,my remote 1,8.0..,, this is on p4,,,,,,sound new or old ,,i have had no update warnings or alerts