P4 salt water crash due to connection lost

Reaction score
I took my boat to a sandbar here in Miami for some footage and while I was flying my drone at about 120 meters of altitude and 60 meters distance, connection was lost and my iPhone DJI app went black and RTH was initiated. Once the P4 drone got close to my boat, it started the decent and it landed on the water since I could not control it due to connection lost screen. Anyone else experienced connection lost? since it is the 3rd time this happens to my P4 drone I think it may be a factory problem with drone. Any thoughts?

I took my boat to a sandbar here in Miami for some footage and while I was flying my drone at about 120 meters of altitude and 60 meters distance, connection was lost and my iPhone DJI app went black and RTH was initiated. Once the P4 drone got close to my boat, it started the decent and it landed on the water since I could not control it due to connection lost screen. Anyone else experienced connection lost? since it is the 3rd time this happens to my P4 drone I think it may be a factory problem with drone. Any thoughts?

I have only had my P4 for about 3 weeks. I've flown it about 20 times and it has never lost connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with P4 specifics, but in general it sounds like you may not have the antennas oriented the correct way. They need to be oriented vertically when aimed at the craft.

hey buddy, no, its not normal at all that you lost connection less than 500ft away in open water, unless possible antenna interferences. When the drone initiated return home, did it ever reestablish connection?
Mods are going to ask you to upload your flight log for a better understanding of what happened.
In the meantime you may want to start a claim with DJI, i lost a drone also down by the keys and fortunately was covered by the warranty, mine just fell off the sky for no apparent reason.

Can you upload the txt log file to this site and post the link here so we can help see what happened? Did you recover the drone?
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20