P4 Sales figures

Reaction score
Does anybody know how the P4 is doing with its sales figures?

I am hoping that it's outselling the P3 by a big margin compared to its release date.

And why are you hoping this? Do you benefit from its high sales?

Reactions: Phantomix
This is incredibly confusing... Why would you even care?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok so how is the P4 fairing?

I just wanted the Phantom range to sell well as I am happy with my P3P and I am curious how they are doing. Are there any figures to how well it is selling compared to the last model?

And no I would never buy shares as in my eyes that is just the silliest gambling system around. I would spend it on physical assets.

@Juhead I've never seen DJI release sales numbers except in broad strokes like "We sell 'x' amount of drones every month" to show general demand. But, I gotta imagine the P4 sales are outdoing past Phantom releases (I don't know compared to the Inspire). The market is more mature and their brand is as strong as ever.

That said, they're definitely looking over their shoulders toward Yuneec. 3D-Robotics last year did their best to make a push in the consumer/prosumer drone space and DJI didn't even flinch. However, in with the release of the Typhoon H they've clearly taken notice. Lawsuits and alleged online smear campaigns as a few examples....

DJI still has a substantial lead but I think they're starting to feel the slightest of heat from competitors. If they're not careful I wouldn't be surprised if they start to lose their dominant market share.

I spend many hours per week looking at sales - it's possible to guess based on various metrics like Amazon sales, our own site sales, forum activity and much more.
Oh, I am a blogger/writer/author and cover the biz angle so that is why I care!

Here are the basics....or at least a best guess!

DJI is their own biggest competitor. While the P4 is the most advanced model available, word has gotten out that the Pro and Advanced offer 90% of the function for 50% of the cost. Many buyers are value driven...and only 15% or so of consumers have said (in a poll) that they would spend over $1200 on a machine.

In terms of sales rank, I think this is the current situation.

P3S - (400K)
P3P - (300K)
P3A - (250K)
P4 - (200K)
P34K (100K)
() is a guess at 2016 yearly numbers.

That doesn't mean that the P4 isn't selling well. Other makers wish their models would sell that many pieces.

Putting that in perspective with some of the machines mentioned above - 3DR Solo sold less than 30K in 2015, Yuneec probably sold 120K if we count all Chroma (blade) also.

It is highly unlikely that any single model (Yuneec H, etc.) will bite into DJI's market share very heavily....because, as DJI has found out, you need to have models to address every segment of the market.

In the $400-$1500 price range, my guess is DJI has 70%, Yuneec 10% and all the rest put together the remainder.

For those who are business and numbers nerds (like myself), scroll down on this page to see some other numbers guesses.
Drone Industry Editorial, Outlook, Consulting and News

Reactions: robinb and kevinm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik