P4 recording volume??

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if while recording on the DJI app you can record audio? I just got my P4 today and done my first flight. When I got home to watch the video there was no audio. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all,

Does anyone know if while recording on the DJI app you can record audio? I just got my P4 today and done my first flight. When I got home to watch the video there was no audio. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Don't think there is an option for audio.
I'm sure all you would hear would be motor/propeller noise though.

I think I might have solved it. I think I recorded into my device and not the SD card. I'll try that tomorrow and see if that works

The Phantoms have no mics.
Drone footage with audio was likely a GoPro or other non-DJI product.

Your Phantom is missing a microphone .... because if it had one all you would hear is a loud annoying buzzing and nothing else.

Thanks everyone. Saves me acting like a tool trying to get something to work that's not even there!! lol

Last edited:
My son has a toy drone with camera and mic, audio sounds like a chainsaw with no muffler

I can put together a drone motor sound file and you can add it in via post. [emoji3]

Autopilot software lets you use the mic on your phone to record an audio file while you fly. This obviously has it's limitations.

I've often thought of sticking one of those little 808 keychain cameras on my P4 and using that to record the motor noise.. After the flight, I could use my editor to add the keychain camera audio track to the DJI video.

How to Use 808 #16 Key Chain Camera Manual and Wiki - Oscar Liang

I had a hexacopter that used a GoPro with a microphone. The droning noise gets very annoying after a while and I turned the sound off.

I thought the same thing when I played back my first video, no audio! I live near the beach and would like to record the waves crashing sound to be in sync with the video rather than just adding music to the video. Can anyone recommend a cheap audio recorder other than an iPhone etc. to record background audio? A bit off topic but... Just learning.

You could use your phone. I know the iPhone has a voice recorder app on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1