P4 range and controller type

Yes - they are RP-SMA (no pin) which screw on the clean install kit posts

I took my P4 out to about 2,500 feet over open water and it was losing signal. It had the parabolic antenna additions. I am very not impressed given the advertised range

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I took my P4 out to about 2,500 feet over open water and it was losing signal. It had the parabolic antenna additions. I am very not impressed given the advertised range

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
...DragonFly, could you please provide the DJIFlightRecord_*.txt flight-log file, also mod#, specs and images of the antenna
used.. the Stock (Micro-Strip Type) Antenna included with the GL300C can give you more range than the batteries can bring
you back in an interference (& Obstruction) free area, obviously you've already swapped out the stock antenna, so I'd suggest
5dBi Rubber Ducky Type Antenna (RP-SMA of course, see link below) to date my tests have shown them to be at least on par
with the stock antenna (current testing out to 10k/ft), caveat.. the Grey, 7dBi (dual band, dipole blah...blah) antenna some are
using 'Are Not' a good choice, again the Plain Jane 5dBi Rubber Ducky made by dozens of mfg will work just fine in town and in
remote areas.. and what I mean by work just fine is they will also take you out further than your batteries can bring you back.. if
on the other hand you'd rather add your name to the list of 1-way trip distance leaders.. then by all means buy an aux powered
panel type antenna...
Amazon, 5dBi Antenna (RP-SMA)
http://tinyurl.com/jra2rbb

...this is just a sample, it can be found cheaper...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

upload_2016-9-21_10-55-46.png

Last edited:
...DragonFly, could you please provide the DJIFlightRecord_*.txt flight-log file, also mod#, specs and images of the antenna
used.. the Stock (Micro-Strip Type) Antenna included with the GL300C can give you more range than the batteries can bring
you back in an interference (& Obstruction) free area, obviously you've already swapped out the stock antenna, so I'd suggest
5dBi Rubber Ducky Type Antenna (RP-SMA of course, see link below) to date my tests have shown them to be at least on par
with the stock antenna (current testing out to 10k/ft), caveat.. the Grey, 7dBi (dual band, dipole blah...blah) antenna some are
using 'Are Not' a good choice, again the Plain Jane 5dBi Rubber Ducky made by dozens of mfg will work just fine in town and in
remote areas.. and what I mean by work just fine is they will also take you out further than your batteries can bring you back.. if
on the other hand you'd rather add your name to the list of 1-way trip distance leaders.. then by all means buy an aux powered
panel type antenna...
Amazon, 5dBi Antenna (RP-SMA)
http://tinyurl.com/jra2rbb

...this is just a sample, it can be found cheaper...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

View attachment 65360
Thanks for your interest and input. Also, this exchange has caused me to log in to Healthy Drones for the first time. Very interesting website and data analysis! So if nothing else, thanks for that. Here is the .txt of my flight. I am using stock equipment/antennae augmented with windsurfer copper parabolic dishes. As I mentioned earlier, this was over open water (mostly), and I lost contact briefly when it was at it's highest point. As you can see, I was only about 2600' away. This is a DJI P4.

Attachments

• 2016-09-20_12-06-26_Standard.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 600
Thanks for your interest and input. Also, this exchange has caused me to log in to Healthy Drones for the first time. Very interesting website and data analysis! So if nothing else, thanks for that. Here is the .txt of my flight. I am using stock equipment/antennae augmented with windsurfer copper parabolic dishes. As I mentioned earlier, this was over open water (mostly), and I lost contact briefly when it was at it's highest point. As you can see, I was only about 2600' away. This is a DJI P4.
...DragonFly, my mistake '..parabolic antenna additions..' I mis-read, BTW thx for the flight-log file...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

No worries! :)

The stock antennas do not use the standard SMA connectors, so once you remove them and install the clean install cables, you cannot use the stock antennas. Adding the cables opens up the ability to use third party antennas which use the more common SMA connectors, like the ItElite antenna I sell.
...Attn GL300C Mod'der's, if you've removed the Stock Antenna I'd like to buy them from you, I have a PayPal Acct and can make
the funds xfer quickly, RSVP, Thanks
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31