P4 range and controller type

Reaction score
I have a stock P4 and my range is really horrible. How can I find out which controller I have? 300 A, B, C, Etc?
Pete

My range isn't that good either. I didn't no there was different controller types

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a stock P4 and my range is really horrible. How can I find out which controller I have? 300 A, B, C, Etc?
Pete
Look on the back of your RC. The model is there. Mine is a GL300C.
Try some wind surfers. You can get then on Amazon for about $15.00.
They work well for me.

They work well for me.
Mine is also the GL300C. From what I've now learned on this forum, that is the worst one for range. How can I get the 300B to replace it? Will DJI help me if I complain?

They work well for me.
I tried something similar. They have aluminum instead of copper reflectors. Didn't help much. I really think the problem is the controller.

I tried something similar. They have aluminum instead of copper reflectors. Didn't help much. I really think the problem is the controller.
Many other members that have other DJI aircraft have switched controllers from one to another. Some members are purchasing the Inspire remote for better range and for the HDMI output capabilities. The only difference is how the mode switch works for sport and atti modes.
Edit:
As far as I know, the P4 remote is only available as a C model.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the P4 remote is only available as a C model.
That's correct.

The GL300A and GL300B models are for the P3A/P3P. Both will work with the Phantom 4.

I also was not happy with my range, I was only getting 1500-2300 feet of distance away from me before it would lose signal and RTH, so I contacted DJI and sent it in for repair, I just got it back and flew it this morning and my range was much better than before, they replaced the main control unit in the Phantom.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I was planning on ordering a new P4 tomorrow. Is there some specific thing I should be ordering to avoid this issue?

very interesting thread here. I had no idea there were different controllers you could buy to use with the P4. My signal strength is terrible and have had numerous issues with it. I recently lost signal, engaged RTH and when landing the thing drops out of the air to its death. For the second time in a month. If i knew this I wouldve bought an inspire instead. P4 is a total POS

Last edited:
very interesting thread here. I had no idea there were different controllers you could buy to use with the P4. My signal strength is terrible and have had numerous issues with it. I recently lost signal, engaged RTH and when landing the thing drops out of the air to its death. For the second time in a month. If i knew this I wouldve bought an inspire instead. P4 is a total POS
Did you happen to have a gimbal guard installed when this happened?

no i wouldnt fly with a gimbal guard attached, only when in storage or transport
Ahh ok, I was referring to an aftermarket gimbal guard meant to be used while flying. Those have been known to send false signals to the drone making it think it was on the ground and shut the motors down.

Is there a upgrade that doesn't require drilling? Like maybe one that you can just replace the stock screw in antenna

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you need the range booster with these or are those new antenna that comes in the clean install kit? And this will give better range without the booster?
The clean install kit is additional to the antennas. The antennas come with cables that require you to drill holes. You do not need amplifiers with this to get more range. For me, I went from about 2500' stock to 10,000' with just the ITE-DBS02.2 antenna.

The clean install kit is additional to the antennas. The antennas come with cables that require you to drill holes. You do not need amplifiers with this to get more range. For me, I went from about 2500' stock to 10,000' with just the ITE-DBS02.2 antenna.

So all I need is the clean install kit? And then I screw my stock antenna on the copper threads? Sorry for the questions I'm new to this but am very interested in getting better range without drilling

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20