P4 problems ??

Reaction score
I can't understand why there are so many bashing the P4

1. It's not even out there yet, and so many posters find fault.
2. Go to the P3 forum, it is full of posts describing a myriad of problems with that platform, and it has been out for almost a year.
3. Only when the P4 is widely in general use, and after some hands on reviews are posted by ACTUAL owners, can we make informed comments, not speculation.
4. I understand your anguish if you just bought a P3, but don't rain on others parade.
5. If you are so sure that the P4 is not for you, why are you reading this, go back to the P3 forum, and try to help those with their problems.

This is typical behavior of many when new items are introduced, especially when some just recently purchased their P3. FWIW, if I was now just purchasing a Phantom and had some clear understanding of both the P3 & P4, I would have a difficult decision choosing between the two as the deals on the P3, especially the Pro are better than ever.

I'm waiting for the first report of the collision avoidance system and the first one to fly it at a wall to prove if it works or not! A tree branch not in leaf would be interesting as would high tension cables, i wonder just how good it will be?

Shouldn't ones brain be the best obstacle avoidance system??
Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.12.41 PM.png

I love the P4.... It's looks awesome and will be an upgrade from the P3.. May get one someday. Right now though I'll keep what I have and keep coming in to read up on the latest and greatest Phantom. It's all good. No hate.

I love the P3pro, but I got the P4 today and it is so solid, my P3pro buffets in the wind, the P4 just hangs there like a rock floating. The upgraded auto control systems are really nice on the P4, but I am an old skool 2 stick quad guy, and this thing is wicked to fly.

Same thing happens on every forum. Look at car forums, new model comes out, gets bashed by everyone, three-four years later everyone owns said car.

True, its not always good to jump on first. I run a computer service and sales business., so I knew there maybe some initial issues, but I thought, as pleased as I am with the P3pro, I cant imagine they would fail with the P4, so why not be one of the first to own one, you only live once.

I'm waiting for the first report of the collision avoidance system and the first one to fly it at a wall to prove if it works or not! A tree branch not in leaf would be interesting as would high tension cables, i wonder just how good it will be?

the collision avoidance system needs something substantial to be able to stop. A branch or high tension cables wont work. Already some people crashed due that the avoidance system did not respond for branches.

/\/\ax2206

the collision avoidance system needs something substantial to be able to stop. A branch or high tension cables wont work. Already some people crashed due that the avoidance system did not respond for branches.

/\/\ax2206

Where did you see that Max ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't heard or read a lot of bashing. I'm actually seeing a lot of positive reviews.

Hey, I have to admit .. First photos I saw I thought the p4 was hideous !! It looked bloated & wasn't really impressive.
Now that it is in the wild and people are actually using it / showing more angles / etc I'm really starting to dig it !!! It seems as though what makes it appear "fat" was the poor angle that didn't show that the arms were tapered a lot more aggressively.

I ordered a p4, which may make my screen name useless if I start using the p4 all the time lol.

I think the plain white adds to her plump appearance.

Hey, I have to admit .. First photos I saw I thought the p4 was hideous !! It looked bloated & wasn't really impressive. Now that it is in the wild and people are actually using it / showing more angles / etc I'm really starting to dig it !!! It seems as though what makes it appear "fat" was the poor angle that didn't show that the arms were tapered a lot more aggressively. I ordered a p4, which may make my screen name useless if I start using the p4 all the time lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31