P4 Pro won't fly directly into the sun

Reaction score
Or even close, actually. When the sun is at a very low angle and the aircraft is headed toward it, the front sensors apparently misread the sun as an object in the path, and it refuses to fly forward. Well, at least we don't have to worry about the Phantom flying into the sun and melting, like Icarus's wings! It's a hassle, though, that you have to maneuver around to land if you are between the sun and the drone.

Or even close, actually. When the sun is at a very low angle and the aircraft is headed toward it, the front sensors apparently misread the sun as an object in the path, and it refuses to fly forward. Well, at least we don't have to worry about the Phantom flying into the sun and melting, like Icarus's wings! It's a hassle, though, that you have to maneuver around to land if you are between the sun and the drone.
Try calibrating the sensors.

I've had that happen once around sunrise where mine acted like it was going down stairs when viewed from the side. Forward, stop and swing or brake, drop a bit, forward again, etc. Took me a while to figure out why, but when it flew away from the sunrise and acted normally it dawned on me.

Last edited:
Yes... The new Mavic has the same issue. There is a guy who is 3D printing some sensor "sunshades" that supposedly helps quite a bit.

One guy on YouTube says to put it in Sport or Atti mode, or to turn off OCA.

I've had that happen once around sunrise where mine acted like it was going down stairs when viewed from the side. Forward, stop and swing or brake, drop a bit, forward again, etc. Took me a while to figure out why, but when it flew away from the sunrise and normally it dawned on me.
I get it!

Flying into the sun can melt your UAV. I don't advise it.

and DJI Care Refresh does not cover melting that was caused by the sun. I checked.

(sarcasm)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers