P4 Pro poor range

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone is experiencing really poor transmission distances, on some flights im loosing image transmission at as close as 200mtrs and even a few drone disconnections, some other flights have been better and getting to around 500 to 1k but something isnt right, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

all been pretty good, shouldnt of been any bad interference, ill test today in a clear paddock

Don't use the 5.8 unless there's heaps of interference on the 2.4 GHz the 2.4 GHz has far better range from my findings I can get luckily 1000 meters or so on 5.8 then when on 2.4 I get over 6

Sent from my E6853 using PhantomPilots mobile app

ok thanks, i had it set on auto, so ill test it on both once selected,

See my experience has been different with pro...everyone knows 2.4ghz is better range then 5.8. but dji did say their 5.8 is rated to 4.3 miles like their 2.4ghz. what i am getting at is i had it set to auto and 5.8ghz and got crazy crazy range. It stayed in 5.8 the whole time. You will have to do some testing also if you are in Europe the power will be a little less because it is "ce mode"

Yeah to be honest I've never lost signal when I have been on auto either but when I've ran only 5.8 I noticed it loose out around 1000 meters 1500 but I have only Done 2 tests on the 5.8 and that was when I first got it so I may do some more I'd like to see if it's been tweaked with the multiple updates I have had

Sent from my E6853 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I set mine to 5.8ghz auto and range is unbelievable. Results will vary based on where u live /interference/europe ce mode

I read someplace that auto just has something to do with it automatically selecting the channel within the 5.8ghz or 2.4ghz range and not changing the ghz it self.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Something is wrong ....interference? This was in 5.8 the whole time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170109-050226.png
    Screenshot_20170109-050226.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 378
I read someplace that auto just has something to do with it automatically selecting the channel within the 5.8ghz or 2.4ghz range and not changing the ghz it self.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
that is not the way mine work!

I fly with about 14 other on 2.4 transmitter I will lose the picture or lockup or jump.
and I will get a disconnected .
I put my trans on 2.4 and watched it as I flew. The blue line was on #1Ch, the picture started to go nuts,the transmitter did not go to another CH it just jump to 5.8.
this all happens with in 300 feet...

I no longer have the option to chose "Auto" or " Custom" in the image transmission settings? I can only choose between the 2.4 and 5.8 GHZ. From memory when I first got the drone the option was there.

Have I inadvertently turned it off somewhere?

Are u in europe (ce) mode is quite a bit less power. If not something is wrong! I can get crazy range all day

I have CE version (actually there are no different HW versions but the software regulated power output depending on location) and my range blows. In perfect conditions with 0 interference and auto 2.4GHz selected I get signal lost somewhere between 1 and 2km. Just to compare:

Phantom 4 Pro
8f205d0104a9ef7da90f0432357c1313.jpg

Phantom 3 Pro
678d2ae44e9d4a71e6e7abcd4bb252d6.jpg

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member