P4 Pro Plus Comes Today. Update Firmware?

Reaction score
Should I update the firmware or just fly it out of the box until the bugs I've been reading about are sorted? Thanks - this is a great forum.

I always update the firmware right out of the box. Spite any rumblings about stability on this forum it's always 50/50 ..some have issues some don't. The only issues I've had that were fixed in firmware updates are horizon issues (P3P) ..I have not encountered anything with the P4P with the latest firmware.

Thanks for the quick reply, Mr. T. If I decide not to install the FW is it easy to decline the update? Thanks again - trying to get everything ready for tonight. :)

I think you will also have to update to get past the flight height and distance restrictions by older firmware. DJI imposed this to keep everyone updated, if it isn't up to date you are restricted to like 30 meters up and 60 meters away if my memory serves me correctly.

I like to run the latest firmware too, but firmware updates are always optional. Just ignore the update prompts in DJI GO if you don't want to update. If you decide to update, it's easy to downgrade using the DJI Assistant 2 application (if needed).

Thanks, gents. It just arrived 15 min ago - everything is assembled and charging. :) I'll let you know how it goes later.

Thanks, gents. It just arrived 15 min ago - everything is assembled and charging. :) I'll let you know how it goes later.
Good luck! Fly safe! Welcome to the Phantom Family!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I was indeed able to fly the P4 right out of the box. It asked for an update, but let me bypass.

It was very hot and kind of windy (96* F) so I only did a quick test. Later tonight it's cooling down so I am doing some night flights. AKA Neighbors think there's a UFO

One thing: I got a "super pack" with the case, some accessories, and 3 batteries. One of those batteries will only charge part way. Oye.

Anyway - Off to prep "Air 1" for its mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl