p4 pro horizon problems

Reaction score
Anyone else getting really bad gimbal levels with the P4ro, iv done gimbal cals, no luck!
i adjust while flying heavily to try and fix it, sometimes it swirls from level to dropping about 2 or 3 increments,

oh yeah, it's absolutely terrible. Mine is being repaired by DJI as we speak. I got a second one from Best Buy and that had a 35 degree tilt to the direction you were going in

Reactions: AyeYo
Yes, both on P4P and Mavic. This has been an issue with ALL DJI gimbals for as long as DJI has been making gimabls. It obviously doesn't work when actively taking video, but if you simply shake the craft side/side with roll and yaw, the gimbal will mostly come back to level enough for you to get off a few pictures, then it'll start drifting again. Mostly though, if there's any sort of wind, just expect to have to relevel all your shots in an editing program afterwards.

What I don't get is that my P4 camera is level 90% of the time but P4P is level 40% of the shoot, really annoying!

What I don't get is that my P4 camera is level 90% of the time but P4P is level 40% of the shoot, really annoying!

What's even more interesting is that both my P4P and Mavic had zero horizon leveling issues for MONTHS of use after purchase. Then out of the blue one and then the other starts having issues. No amount of calibrations will touch it for either of them.

DJI says they've repaired the aircraft and are shipping it back in "2 business days".

Keep in mind that this was after a month of fighting them over them wanting me to pay the DJI refresh $99 charge to replace the aircraft, or $320 to repair it. My line was just WTF, it's damaged in no way.

Reactions: AyeYo
The easiest way to solve unlevel horizon is to press C2 + Right dial during flight.
I didnt know that until yesterday lol.

This is how it is with the two P4Ps I have.
One is at DJI repair, the other ones goes back to Amazon:

tilt.jpg

Yes, rotate the dial a click or 2 at a time and wait for the camera to stabilise before you rotate the dial again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic