P4 price drop likely?

Reaction score
Hey, I've been waiting patiently for some some now for a Phantom and my wife has finally agreed. I still don't know how I wangled that one...

I am pretty much ready to get a P3a at a reasonable price. However, am now thinking, if I were to wait until the P5 comes out (which I'm only assuming is going to happen), will the P4 drop to the price of the P3a? I can get the P3a for £560. Not sure what that is in $ as the pound is screwed but it's literally half the price of the P4 over here.

So Yeh, hard to say but based on anyone's previous knowledge of the various P3 models, is it likely the P4 will ever be priced as competitively? I am aware of the advancements from the 3 to the 4, but am speaking relatively.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

don't think it will go that low

Back in April 2015 (when the P3A came out), it was selling for $999. Today, DJI sells it for $799. And, it can be found for $761 on Amazon.

The P4 will no doubt come down in price when the P5 is released. However, I don't think DJI is going to drop the price $600. A $200 drop is likely though.

Does anybody really think the P5 is "right around the corner?"
DJI has been releasing Phantoms yearly for the past couple of years now. I'd be surprised if we do not see the Phantom 5 next year.

DJI has been releasing Phantoms yearly for the past couple of years now. I'd be surprised if we do not see the Phantom 5 next year.
I expect the P5 to be released this fall, just in time for Christmas, like last year. Rumor is there will be a new drone announcement at NAB in April, but those rumors also say it will be a larger M600 class craft. Source of rumor, DroneU.

Last edited:
I expect the P5 to be released this fall, just in time for Christmas, like last year. Rumor is there will be a new drone announcement at NAB in April, but those rumors also say it will be a larger M600 class craft. Source of rumor, DroneU.
Oh. Don't really want a larger drone. I was thinking about putting money aside in case a mavic 2 or something was released this April, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Sheesh. P3A was $799 retail before Christmas (got a good package deal though), then a week or two after Christmas the P3P retail went to $799 though no change in retail for the A, now the P4 is darn close to what the P3P was before taken off of sales.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl