P4 price drop eventually?

Reaction score
Anyone thinks DJI will drop the price on these later this year with the Karma release? I am considering an upgrade from my P2 and the P3S or P34k is more within my budget if I want to upgrade soon. Was just wondering if DJI could release a more budget friendly P4 version eventually. If so I may just wait.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DJI Phantom 4 $1,139.05 with code PHANTOMPILOTS
Free shipping in the US

DJI Phantom 4

Code is good for 5% off anything and everything you order.

Prices should drop and then a professional version with an actual camera upgrade should be released, utilizing the H2 Ambarella chip with 4Kp60 and higher bitrate than 60mbps which has been around since January and is destined to end up in aerial cameras.

You have paid a premium for the P4.. Expect it to take the P3Ps price and the P3P to become the budget alternative.

Prices should drop and then a professional version with an actual camera upgrade should be released, utilizing the H2 Ambarella chip with 4Kp60 and higher bitrate than 60mbps which has been around since January and is destined to end up in aerial cameras.

You have paid a premium for the P4.. Expect it to take the P3Ps price and the P3P to become the budget alternative.

Sounds about right on...we'll see

I am considering an upgrade from my P2 and the P3S or P34k is more within my budget if I want to upgrade soon.
You've stayed with a wifi drone for a long time.
The Standard and P3-4K would only be a small upgrade for you.
But the Advanced or Pro with Lightbridge would be a huge leap.

You've stayed with a wifi drone for a long time.
The Standard and P3-4K would only be a small upgrade for you.
But the Advanced or Pro with Lightbridge would be a huge leap.
I bought the P3p in May at a discount (Maplins) and after flying for one evening couldn't wait to go back in and order the P4. They gave me the full amount paid for the P3p towards the P4 and let me use it until the P4 arrived a week later.

It was well worth the price and I can promise you the money spent was soon forgotten. I can't imagine anything much better for my particular use - aerial photography mostly over the sea. It would have to be something very special that would make me want to change from the P4.

Go for it. The sooner you get the P4 the more enjoyment you'll have.

Reactions: Mike_Flys

Let's come back and re-visit this a 6-8 months from now. I wouldn't normally feel this way, but I'm going to bet against you this time.

Let's come back and re-visit this a 6-8 months from now. I wouldn't normally feel this way, but I'm going to bet against you this time.
Why? Was the P4 the last upgrade of the Phantoms?

If you have an educational email .edu you can get an awesome deal. Was able to score a P4, 2 extra batteries, and the 3 battery hub straight from DJI for $1259, no tax or shipping. Cant beat that directly from the manufacturer

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Why? Was the P4 the last upgrade of the Phantoms?

That's not what I said at all. I wasn't arguing that, although admittedly I don't expect to see 15 versions of the 4 like we had with the 3. Actually, I really will be surprised if there's even another 4 but that's a different conversation.

You made some very specific predictions. Those were what I was referring to.

That's not what I said at all. I wasn't arguing that, although admittedly I don't expect to see 15 versions of the 4 like we had with the 3. Actually, I really will be surprised if there's even another 4 but that's a different conversation.

You made some very specific predictions. Those were what I was referring to.
I dont expect 15 versions either. I expect 2. I think DJI probably spent some time in R&D for the new design, the first major redesign since the P2.

Why go directly to Phantom 5 when it looks the same ? Regardless, the name of the next model is irrelevant to me. I am merely referring to The Next Model, which I dont think is going to be budget (you already have 3 options: P3P,P3A and P34K, why would you need a fourth? Answer: you don't) and naturally it should have a better camera. Why else would someone upgrade? The P4 was barely an upgrade from P3P.

If you think there's another SoC than the Ambarella H2 suitable for the next Phantom I'd be highly interested in reading about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31