P4 Power Output for Video is only .598 Watts v. .746 Watts on Original P3P

.077 (not .77) watts is still a 25% difference.
Watch your decimal points! ;)
Don't feel too bad, though---
Even DJI screwed up their decimal points on the GL300A and GL300B FCC ID# documents when they filed them with the FCC! To this day, they have never been corrected! Both show .038 watts instead of .380 watts! :eek: Makes the GL300C with .303 watts look 8 times more powerful, instead off 25% less!
Lol, I stand corrected twice! Keep it up and I'll delete the post making me look like a doehead!

Hey, it's not as bad as my insurance agent, when she called back for the drone, she said two things, first she's like "Ok, it's a normal fee of $1.75 per $100 coverage" but then says "but it's still like $225 a year" (because I had told her ppl were getting it for like $60 a year) Then silence, silence because I was thinking that's like $13,000 in coverage? So, I said you mean $22.50? So, lol yeah, I guess we all move a decimal once in a while!

PS it was still $5 a month, something about that's their minimum policy, so basically you can insure your inspire pro for the same as your P3S

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lol, I stand corrected twice! Keep it up and I'll delete the post making me look like a doehead!

Hey, it's not as bad as my insurance agent, when she called back for the drone, she said two things, first she's like "Ok, it's a normal fee of $1.75 per $100 coverage" but then says "but it's still like $225 a year" (because I had told her ppl were getting it for like $60 a year) Then silence, silence because I was thinking that's like $13,000 in coverage? So, I said you mean $22.50? So, lol yeah, I guess we all move a decimal once in a while!

PS it was still $5 a month, something about that's their minimum policy, so basically you can insure your inspire pro for the same as your P3S
No worries! Thanks! I'll have to look into that coverage with my agent, too. I wonder if it's per aircraft or total value of all aircraft. I now have 3 P3P's and a P4.

No worries! Thanks! I'll have to look into that coverage with my agent, too. I wonder if it's per aircraft or total value of all aircraft. I now have 3 P3P's and a P4.
It's actually like a rider? They call it a Personal asset risk policy, basically she explained, like my gun policy, or say insuring a ring or something. So, I doubt you could do them all in one, but maybe, they did want the serial number and everything off the bird, I even sent my FAA info (printed that out on two glossy 5x7 as pictures so It stays and looks nice, I then cut the number out of the 2nd pic and taped it inside the craft)

What's so much better then the DJI or other guys is threefold, one, if it's gone, it's covered, or in the water it's covered, neither of which DJI or others will help you with, the third is again, if it's not here to replace, like stolen, plus it's like 1/4 the price from online UAV repair plans

It's actually like a rider? They call it a Personal asset risk policy, basically she explained, like my gun policy, or say insuring a ring or something. So, I doubt you could do them all in one, but maybe, they did want the serial number and everything off the bird, I even sent my FAA info (printed that out on two glossy 5x7 as pictures so It stays and looks nice, I then cut the number out of the 2nd pic and taped it inside the craft)

What's so much better then the DJI or other guys is threefold, one, if it's gone, it's covered, or in the water it's covered, neither of which DJI or others will help you with, the third is again, if it's not here to replace, like stolen, plus it's like 1/4 the price from online UAV repair plans
Thanks! Definitely a better and cheaper policy that covers the inevitable eventual drowning, when flying over water all the time! At least the fish won't sue!;)

Reactions: Sim597
Thanks! Definitely a better and cheaper policy that covers the inevitable eventual drowning, when flying over water all the time! At least the fish won't sue!;)
Well, yeah, I'm covered like you prolly are under my homeowners if IT hurt something or God forbid, some one, but State Farm covers all of our cars, trucks, RZR, trailers, anything really except the home, that ended up being in-house on our mortgage companies deal and was A LOT cheaper then SF. So you'll be covered for the bird and liability, just different policies

Well, yeah, I'm covered like you prolly are under my homeowners if IT hurt something or God forbid, some one, but State Farm covers all of our cars, trucks, RZR, trailers, anything really except the home, that ended up being in-house on our mortgage companies deal and was A LOT cheaper then SF. So you'll be covered for the bird and liability, just different policies
Yeah, I tell that to my jerk neighbor who is always complaining about my tall tree potentially falling on his house. "That's what we have insurance for!" ;)
He totally blocked our view with an expansion to his existing second story, so it's the only thing I have to annoy him with! :D

VLOS has never been a problem. It's the 3-5 mile range at low altitude where the transmitter mods extend the control signal, but can only add a hearing aid to the video reception, without a separate birdside amplifier. The reduced power output on the bird has severely degraded the video performance in the 3-5 mile range, forcing me to acquire two of the original W323's with original motors to regain the video stability, after my original bird caught the battery "virus" and shut off in midair at 220 feet 16 seconds into a flight and crashed onto concrete 15 feet from me!:eek:
I know this is the first page of like an 8 page thread but I had to say, UGH MAN, that blows. :( Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
You may have misunderstood the point of my post. I was simply pointing out that the alleged reduction in power should not account for the reported reduction in range. It's just simple physics. If there are other factors in play then it is hard to deconvolve the effects.

As for explanations, amidst all the shouting I have seen few simple comparisons between a stock P3P and a P4 - at least that have clearly been stated as such. Lots of examples of pilots with Windsurfers, modified RC equipment, and such. Dirty Bird, on the other hand, appears to be getting over two miles without problems, and stated that it looked like it would match the P3 in better conditions. I haven't range tested mine, since this is poor terrain for that kind of experiment, but I think I'll wait until the hysterics have died down before drawing any conclusions.
I can't believe I haven't been reading this sweet thread. He used "deconvolve" in a sentence. Now, is it a word??

You may have misunderstood the point of my post. I was simply pointing out that the alleged reduction in power should not account for the reported reduction in range. It's just simple physics. If there are other factors in play then it is hard to deconvolve the effects.

As for explanations, amidst all the shouting I have seen few simple comparisons between a stock P3P and a P4 - at least that have clearly been stated as such. Lots of examples of pilots with Windsurfers, modified RC equipment, and such. Dirty Bird, on the other hand, appears to be getting over two miles without problems, and stated that it looked like it would match the P3 in better conditions. I haven't range tested mine, since this is poor terrain for that kind of experiment, but I think I'll wait until the hysterics have died down before drawing any conclusions.
I can tell you as a man with two of them that the TWO are at the moment massively different but I have yet to tested the first 4 with the new app and the Mini and the phone and all the stuff I said about that in that thread.

So I don't know but the new P4 was definitely experiencing a COMPLETELY different flying experience than the first in an area I fly ALL THE TIME. I'll get back to you when I test each side by side. Maybe there is a difference in the P4 lines themselves? Maybe they started rushing them as they were flying off the shelves AND THEY WERE. I heard some CRAZY figures about the purchases at Apple and continue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj