[P4] Pixelating and lagging

I am not that bad, but the quality of video coming out of my p4 is just utter rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My videos from my P4 aren't like that when recorded, but initially due to a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 and DJI go, it was a stutter a chop fest until I killed ALL running apps. My iPad mini works great, but Android is just problematic. With that being said, no matter HOW choppy my live feed was, the video on the SD card was perfect. If yours is not, there you have a serious issue. What firmware are you running?

Yeah i emailed them although i wanted to avoid sending it back and was hopeing there would be another reason why it was happening.

running the latest firmware

If your firmware is all up to date (1.0.8 or whatever it is) and it updated your camera / gimbal, RC and AC, then I would absolutely contact DJI, show them the recorded video as proof, and have them get you a new bird or something.

Just for grins, you have tried a new SD card, right?

No unfortunately not i only have the card they supplied as my DLSR uses a bigger sd card instead of the micro. i was thinking about buying a new one but didnt want to spend the money to find out that it didnt fix it.

No unfortunately not i only have the card they supplied as my DLSR uses a bigger sd card instead of the micro. i was thinking about buying a new one but didnt want to spend the money to find out that it didnt fix it.

You can grab one of those Micro SD cards for about $11 - $15 at Walmart, Target, or other stores that carry that type of stuff.

Last edited:
All my videos are pixelated and lag. is this due to the tablet or the P4? SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

here is an example. i am recording in 4k and my phablet is galaxy note 3
I have same issue. 2nd phantom, returned first and this one is right out if the box and i still have pixelation, lag, green bar , etc.. Its on the SD card on both P4's. I upgraded to a 64G ScanDisk Extreme Pro w/ 90m/second download speed. HELP!!! Its gotta be something more than a software issue. I am running latest update as it made me update before flying. I am using an S7 Edge. I'm over it.

I have same issue. 2nd phantom, returned first and this one is right out if the box and i still have pixelation, lag, green bar , etc.. Its on the SD card on both P4's. I upgraded to a 64G ScanDisk Extreme Pro w/ 90m/second download speed. HELP!!! Its gotta be something more than a software issue. I am running latest update as it made me update before flying. I am using an S7 Edge. I'm over it.

This was proven to be a transmission issue with a noisy RF area, and a "link" issue between the UAV and the RC. By lowering your video transmission rate to 4mbps or 2mbps, you will no long experience the lines / pink bars etc.

This was proven to be a transmission issue with a noisy RF area, and a "link" issue between the UAV and the RC. By lowering your video transmission rate to 4mbps or 2mbps, you will no long experience the lines / pink bars etc.
Oh my God I'll be so effin happy if this works!!! Been talking with DJI support all morning. All they want me to do is send it in, but its brand new and the SECOND one so I knew it was something else. How do I adjust that? Where is it in my settings?

Oh my God I'll be so effin happy if this works!!! Been talking with DJI support all morning. All they want me to do is send it in, but its brand new and the SECOND one so I knew it was something else. How do I adjust that? Where is it in my settings?
Looks like lowest is 4 and highest is 10.....was on 6

Looks like lowest is 4 and highest is 10.....was on 6

Yeah, I know some (Phantom 3?) go down to 2mbps, but it's the HD section and you have to choose "custom" channel instead of auto, and it will allow you to change that slider.
Let us know if this solves it for you.

Yeah, I know some (Phantom 3?) go down to 2mbps, but it's the HD section and you have to choose "custom" channel instead of auto, and it will allow you to change that slider.
Let us know if this solves it for you.
So yes i set it in Custom and down to lowest transmission of 4. Took a flight and had a HUGE change in video quality. While its still not perfect I had NO lag , NO green/pink bars and NO major pixelation. Only did a 60 second flight in 4K 25 FPS. Will test wayyyyy more tomorrow.

Reactions: arcaine25
Using channel 32 with the Go hack will help you in high interference areas also.

Do you look at the traffic on the custom channel you're flying? You need you select a channel that's got the least traffic. Without the hack, channel 22 is usually quiet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic