P4 photos and video

Here is pictures from my P3. Again manual settings, ND16, contrast -3, sharpness -2, and saturation -2. Shot in D-Log.

Again this is before post editing.

I really don't see how the P4 camera is better.
Looks like Newport Bay Jetty area. I shot that area 2wks ago, great place.

Reactions: Kman
I don't have a Phantom 3 Professional but I've just done a comparison to my Inspire with X3 camera and I've got to say it's very close but the Phantom 4 is better. Noticeably less compression which could be that 3D Noise reduction thing.
Compared to the jump from Vision+ or GoPro to the Phantom 3 it's not a massive improvement though.

A few of mine ... takes forever it seems for youtube to process them but i put one or two up a day.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I've noticed more lens flare when facing the sun on P4 videos. Im use to see this on P3 more so with after market filters. Were you using lens filters (ND/POL) or just stock filter?

Here is one:

What I noticed:
1. The "No props in the video hype was just that. I even saw the motors in there a time or two. Remember the ad where the guy says "No more props getting in the video where they don't belong"? To be honest I think they would have to elevate the props a full inch or more to get rid of the props when coming out of the hole. When in the sport mode and pedal to the metal with 45 degree angle, you're going to see the props and sometimes even the front motors. I could see the led's were on. With low lighting, they may have also been a factor in color quality.

2. The video is the smoothest In have seen from any drone under $2000.00 In the video you can clearly see the wind gusting pretty good, but the gimbal melted that away very nicely. I think I saw an ant crawling on the parking lot asphalt.

3. I know how hard it is to get decent photos or video with the sun in that angle. I thought the camera did an excellent job with cinematic feel and amazing detail. I didn't see any blur or fuzziness anywhere.

Haven't flown a Phantom since the P2+ release. So I took it slow on my first flight with the P4.

I have so many questions about filming, but going to ask later after fully searching this forum.

1. Question like should I have disabled Auto ISO on this flights? Things like that.

Yikes- horizon is not level. I was sure hoping DJI would have fixed this on the P4

A jpg with no post processing of Peach Trees in South Carolina taken with the P4

Attachments

• peach trees SC.jpg
    peach trees SC.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 284
Here is one:

Flying near an airport? Really??? No wonder why this sport has such a bad rap. Because dumb people like this guy flying near an airport which everyone knows is a HUGE no no.
This is why the government is making it harder and harder for people like us to enjoy their hobby. Because dumb people like the person who made that video doing what he/she was doing near an airport.

I have a long way to go in learning my video editing as well as how to use the P4 but for the second day out it sure was a lot of fun. Perhaps I'm pretty unusual but I really enjoyed using the aircraft to film at lower elevations. I'm going to love learning to use this camera!.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCGENE
OK. Since we're more or less posting personal videos now, I am moving this thread to its proper location in the video section.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31