P4 commercially

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a solid bottom line from someone with experience with the p4 and/or p4pro. With all the buzz about the new p4pro camera, I'm wondering if the p4's photos are commercially viable? Are there any of you currently using it commercially? Do you mostly get work taking pictures or video?

Thank you for your time and any information!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm trying to get a solid bottom line from someone with experience with the p4 and/or p4pro. With all the buzz about the new p4pro camera, I'm wondering if the p4's photos are commercially viable? Are there any of you currently using it commercially? Do you mostly get work taking pictures or video?
The P3/P4 camera (they are the same camera) was quite capable of taking photos suitable for many commercial uses.
The P4pro camera is a huge improvement and ideal for many commercial applications.

Are there any of you currently using it commercially? Do you mostly get work taking pictures or video?

YES.
It really depends on what markets you pursue. Some want photos, some want video. It's driven by customer demand and what you wish to focus on. I will also mention, for commercial work you'll need to acquire your commercial FAA certification first, as it sounds like you may be unaware of Part 107.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyboy73
The 12 MP pics from the P3/P4 are suitable for most applications but not for a full page pic
The P4Pro with 20 MP would be much better in that instance

@Lucone We see many people using the Phantom 4 Pro and Pro+ for commercial applications already. With so much more control over imaging the P4 Pro and Pro+ are definitely viable options for commercial use. The regular Phantom 4 for commercial use is a bit skeptical, again all depends on the application, but definitely, clients are willing to pay for the image quality on a P4P or P4P+

The Phantom 4 is known as a prosumer level drone so it can be used commercially and for hobby.

I just saw on my local news a day or two ago that insurance companies are using Phantom 4s for inspecting roofs for hail damage. I would really love to bump into one of those inspectors so I can see if it is worth getting into the business since I'm retired.

Reactions: JWH and John1960
Thanks for all the great responses guys!

YES.
It really depends on what markets you pursue. Some want photos, some want video. It's driven by customer demand and what you wish to focus on. I will also mention, for commercial work you'll need to acquire your commercial FAA certification first, as it sounds like you may be unaware of Part 107.

Well I'm certainly willing to shoot whatever comes along! I have experience flying and I'm aware of the certification requirement, but I'm relatively new to manual camera settings and post processing. I just want to be confident it wont be too challenging bringing P4 photos up to sellable quality.

The Phantom 4 is known as a prosumer level drone so it can be used commercially and for hobby.

I just saw on my local news a day or two ago that insurance companies are using Phantom 4s for inspecting roofs for hail damage. I would really love to bump into one of those inspectors so I can see if it is worth getting into the business since I'm retired.

I would like to meet one of those people too! I actually haven't met anybody who flies drones, not even as a hobby. Kind of weird considering the new holiday craze over them. That's why this forum has been great though! Anyways, I think work like inspections or search and rescue sounds the most appealing to me. I'm very interested to see how drones will evolve those jobs.

Thanks for all the great responses guys!

I would like to meet one of those people too! I actually haven't met anybody who flies drones, not even as a hobby. Kind of weird considering the new holiday craze over them. That's why this forum has been great though! Anyways, I think work like inspections or search and rescue sounds the most appealing to me. I'm very interested to see how drones will evolve those jobs.

It is strange I've not run into any other drone operators other than 2 at an event. There are so many commercials, TV shows and other commercial uses for them, but I just never see them in action.

Reactions: Lucone
It is strange I've not run into any other drone operators other than 2 at an event. There are so many commercials, TV shows and other commercial uses for them, but I just never see them in action.
Yes, I find that somewhat odd too, I don't see very many drones flying around. I think in the last year I've ran across 5 guys flying, where I just happen to run across them as I'm out an about. I think many of them do what I do and fly from inconspicuous places where we can't be seen. We like to fly stealth mode. The less people I see around me the better.

Looks like Costco is now an authorized dealer, selling P4 craft.
7b0b13e4c66fc91733a6fe39ce4af050.jpg

Reactions: Lucone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31