P4 owner in trouble with the law......

The video in my link above where the police officer, a lieutenant, says "...and we came across some pretty disturbing videos and images" is pretty damning. When he goes on to say the drone pilot was "...using it at times to view into peoples bedrooms and/or bathrooms...", it's kinda hard to dismiss.

Reactions: Neon Euc
The video in my link above where the police officer, a lieutenant, says "...and we came across some pretty disturbing videos and images" is pretty damning. When he goes on to say the drone pilot was "...using it at times to view into peoples bedrooms and/or bathrooms...", it's kinda hard to dismiss.
So true. It's horrible to think the other images could be him spying on kids getting changed or in the shower. Very serious indeed. People like him really do give us a bad name, and now for the other flyers in that county I bet they can't fly as it will be outlawed or even worse..... may get people thinking who ever is flying the drone is the same person being hunted when they are not

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

What a idiot why use a noisy drone why not use a DSLR camera with 40 optical zoom or a cell phone spy.

So true. It's horrible to think the other images could be him spying on kids getting changed or in the shower. Very serious indeed. People like him really do give us a bad name, and now for the other flyers in that county I bet they can't fly as it will be outlawed or even worse..... may get people thinking who ever is flying the drone is the same person being hunted when they are not

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just wait till all the media channels run stories on this just great more bad press.
Sadly it becoming the only place I fly now is over water any or farmland too many paranoid people around.

If the victim of the peeping can run outside and follow the drone 2 blocks away on foot to watch it land during a Smart Return Home, the pilot was an idiot and a voyeur! In Sports Mode at 45 mph, the drone could have been half way across the county in the time it would take to walk two blocks! Turn off Smart Return Home, and learn how to fly in Sports Mode! Smart Return Home usually lands with 30% remaining battery! That's at least 5 minutes of additional flying time on the P4! Know your aircraft! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Casey Cassity
Just wait till all the media channels run stories on this just great more bad press.
Sadly it becoming the only place I fly now is over water any or farmland too many paranoid people around.
There's hope in that the victim flies himself. If he gets interviewed perhaps, he himself will say that one bad apple can't ruin it for everyone.

Sent from my SM-N920K using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dounin Front
How did the guy go from the bathroom to outside and then track it to where it landed without an owner nearby? He must live in wide open spaces to do so, yet landing with no owner around is puzzling. Could be staged for effect too, and not in a good way.

How did the guy go from the bathroom to outside and then track it to where it landed without an owner nearby? He must live in wide open spaces to do so, yet landing with no owner around is puzzling. Could be staged for effect too, and not in a good way.

The story says the guy who tracked the drone was in his bathroom, then ran quickly outside, drove his car, followed the drone to a church parking lot (where it landed) ... and simply retrieved it there.

I understand these drones need LOS (Line-of-sight) to be maneuvered 'precisely' (for the guy to position his drone precisely near a window ans peek through). If this is true, then the offender is either the next door neighbor, or somehow/possibly was operating from a vehicle, nearby the crime scene.

Now, why didn't the offender simply pilot his drone home? ... we'll call it bad karma, or, if you do something mischievous, sooner or later you'll get caught.

Last edited:
The story says the guy who tracked the drone was in his bathroom, then ran quickly outside, drove his car, followed the drone to a church parking lot (where it landed) ... and simply retrieved it there.

I understand these drones need LOS (Line-of-sight) to be maneuvered 'precisely' (for the guy to position his drone precisely near a window ans peek through). If this is true, then the offender is either the next door neighbor, or somehow/possibly was operating from a vehicle, nearby the crime scene.

Now, why didn't the offender simply pilot his drone home? ... we'll call it bad karma, or, if you do something mischievous, sooner or later you'll get caught.
Battery was probably low or just an idiot. Criminals aren't smart. Criminals break the law and get caught all the time because they aren't that intelligent. Its rare that criminals ever get away with doing things and he's just another dumb *** that got caught.

should be interesting to see what really happened when the facts come out, something doesn't quite seem right.

this is likely one of the worst possible ways to spy on someone, wrong type of camera, phantoms are loud, homeowner was able to track down the phantom that can fly 45 mph, i'm a little bit suspicious of the circumstances. are the police fear mongering?, why did they block out the face if this is really a wanted criminal? i would suspect they would send the first squad car available to pick the criminal up.

anyone who's flown a P4 knows its not entirely implausible , but a little unrealistic

should be interesting to see what really happened when the facts come out, something doesn't quite seem right.

this is likely one of the worst possible ways to spy on someone, wrong type of camera, phantoms are loud, homeowner was able to track down the phantom that can fly 45 mph, i'm a little bit suspicious of the circumstances. are the police fear mongering?, why did they block out the face if this is really a wanted criminal? i would suspect they would send the first squad car available to pick the criminal up.

anyone who's flown a P4 knows its not entirely implausible , but a little unrealistic
I doubt there is a conspiracy theory going on.

I feel like drones may become like firearms in this country. Heavily regulated and since so many people buy them criminal background checks will be put in place. I wouldn't doubt this in the future as long as people do stupid things with them, the government is going to call for more and more restrictions and control.

why did they block out the face if this is really a wanted criminal? i would suspect they would send the first squad car available to pick the criminal up.

Well, under US law, they have no proof yet that the picture on the SD is that of the person who committed the crime. All circumstantial evidence aside, what if a friend of him borrowed the drone ?

I feel we're starting to speculate as well (call it exploring plausible scenarios) and I agree with you that it might be best to wait for all the facts to come out.

Well, under US law, they have no proof yet that the picture on the SD is that of the person who committed the crime. All circumstantial evidence aside, what if a friend of him borrowed the drone ?

I feel we're starting to speculate as well (call it exploring plausible scenarios) and I agree with you that it might be best to wait for all the facts to come out.

I'd expect them to get a warrant and knock on the suspects door, maybe they already have an haven't publicized it. do criminals really read the police dept facebook feed? seems like a wierd way to search for someone suspected of a crime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik