P4 Order # Thread - DJi Direct

Does DJI charge tax! And what is the "Limited time offer"? I asked on chat with support and he said they were waiting to be told.

No tax and no shipping costs, that is what I was told. Ended up buying from the Apple store because I have credit there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PeterDoubt
No tax and no shipping costs, that is what I was told. Ended up buying from the Apple store because I have credit there.

Lucky you! There seem to be a number of people ordering from Apple.

Order No.: 001161188170
Order Amount: $1,746 (Includes 2 extra batteries, we'll see if those ship together)
Order Time: 2016-03-01 21:04:50 (UTC)

If these order numbers are sequential, I'm practically at the end of this line, in this thread. Oh man. Maybe I'll get in the second batch of craft that has all the fixes included. :p

Reactions: PeterDoubt
Order No: 001161173369
Order Time: 2016-03-01 20:47:30 (UTC)

Really?

I bought mine 17 minutes after you and my number is 14,801 greater? There is no way these numbers are one per order, in sequence.

Order No.: 001161188170
Order Time: 2016-03-01 21:04:50 (UTC)

88170 My number
73369 Your number
14801 Difference

I'm guessing that no one has received a shipment notification from Apple thus far?

The order numbers could be for anything from the DJI store? Not just the Phantom 4? Could be props, batteries, etc.

Personally never bought from DJI before, so have not idea how their system works. Bought a lot from Apple, and they usually are conservative in their estimates. Meaning, you usually get your order on or BEFORE the estimated date. But since Apple is just a reseller, not the OEM, who knows.

The P4's could already be in a warehouse in the US or Europe. Or could be shipped directly from China?

Regardless, I have a P3P which I am just starting to fly a bit with the spring weather. So for me no rush. Actually I have considered cancelling my P4 order a couple times. The P3P is probably more than I will ever never. But then again, I am a gadget junkie, needing a fix!

a8e5365513b3a73fe5133578e2330fae.jpg

I ordered about an hour after they went on sale. Stupid meeting. So, if you ordered after me you can expect yours to ship "at 20 March or so" and you can expect one less P4 in your way. I'm canceling my order and ordering from Apple.

I ordered mine at Apple.
Order Number
W586649750
Mar 03, 2016
Shows pick up in store date of March 22

45e123073d8417cd8791b0b43b315e08.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I spoke with Apple after chatting with DJI and they said that if I ordered on the 15th that their free 2 day delivery was almost guaranteed because I live in CA. She said the expedited could get to me the very next day if I ordered early enough in the AM. Not sure if I trust them. Seems like there has been a lot of inconsistency in what they are telling others in the forums. I would order today, but I'm going to try and pick one up at the store on the 15th.

I ordered mine at Apple.
Order Number
W586649750
Mar 03, 2016
Shows pick up in store date of March 22

Why did you ship to store instead of home? Just curious. Seems like you might get it faster if you shipped direct.

I thought I might see it sooner if delivered to the store. I guess it is a toss up. I didn't have any experience to base my decision on. I hoped the "Available March 15" might mean... On our shelves March 15". I also have to get a newer iPad for the P4 and can't do that until I get the P4 since I have no concrete answer to what iPad will work. I hope for a larger iPad, perhaps the air 2. Once I have the P4 in my hands I can find the correct specs and buy the iPad.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 7.51.42 PM.png
I haven’t seen a shipping date sooner than this yet! Not holding my breath for tomorrow, but I am confident on it coming before weeks end.

I thought I might see it sooner if delivered to the store. I guess it is a toss up. I didn't have any experience to base my decision on. I hoped the "Available March 15" might mean... On our shelves March 15". I also have to get a newer iPad for the P4 and can't do that until I get the P4 since I have no concrete answer to what iPad will work. I hope for a larger iPad, perhaps the air 2. Once I have the P4 in my hands I can find the correct specs and buy the iPad.

I used my iPad Air 2 with my P3P until I returned it last week. As of now I'm planning on using it for my P4 as well.

Reactions: launchpad26
View attachment 46628 I haven’t seen a shipping date sooner than this yet! Not holding my breath for tomorrow, but I am confident on it coming before weeks end.
I've seen a few others with that same date. When I first looked at Apple's website I saw the same and almost immediately cancelled and bought through them. I just thought it was too good to be true and didn't think ordering an hour late with DJI would push me back a week. I hope you guys get it before the 15th. I will be extremely jealous, but I'm pulling for you!

I ordered about an hour after they went on sale. Stupid meeting. So, if you ordered after me you can expect yours to ship "at 20 March or so" and you can expect one less P4 in your way. I'm canceling my order and ordering from Apple.

I had the same experience except Fiona told me shipping the 25th; then 3-5 days to deliver. She was very helpful in canceling my order and I jumped over to apple and ordered there with a delivery of the March 16-18th. Much better to me. I am traveling at the end of the month and am bringing it with me.

DJi's customer service record for providing accurate order information is pretty bad. I would not put much stock in Fiona's timetable for shipment. I would bet those who ordered on launch day, especially in the early afternoon will see their P4's ship on the 15th. For the P3's they shipped from a warehouse in CA meaning they were already in CA on the shipment date DJi provided. Hard to say if this will be the case for the P4's. They very well may ship direct from China in which case your probably looking at an additional 2-3 days plus the 2-3 days for domestic delivery. But who knows. I guess we'll see.

They charged mine before I canceled. That bugged me a bit. Technically not illegal but they violated the vendor agreement with visa stating they can't debit the amount until they ship.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20