P4 Order from DJI or Apple.com?

Arizeda. When in hk. Is it legal to fly a drone from Kowloon side to HongKong island and back?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
No idea! And I don't plan on trying to be honest :)

Thanks for the replies guys. There is no sales tax in HK so it doesn't make a difference in terms of price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think apple will have p4 display models to see up close on 3/15?

I ordered first thing on Tuesday before 11am my time. They charged my card already. I had a chat with them on the DJI site and they said mine would be shipped March 22nd. I wonder if they will have any in the Apple Store on the 15th that weren't pre purchased No tax when buying direct from DJI so kinda pays for an extra battery. Guess it will give me a week to see if anyone is having issues... I also hear price will go up after the 15th. Don't know how much truth there is to that but for what you get. Well worth the price! I'm keeping my P3P too. Can't wait to film my P4 taking shots and get an Ariel video of it in action!!!

Do you think apple will have p4 display models to see up close on 3/15?
Yes, in fact it will be the first time ever that Apple will put a non-Apple product in their "featured product" area.

Josh

Yes, in fact it will be the first time ever that Apple will put a non-Apple product in their "featured product" area.

Josh
Sweet. Now why would anyone order from DJI when the could pick one up from Apple (other than taxes). If the p3 pre orders are indication it'll take a while to arrive.

Sweet. Now why would anyone order from DJI when the could pick one up from Apple (other than taxes). If the p3 pre orders are indication it'll take a while to arrive.
Yeah, it's the taxes (which are a chunk on $1399) and the fact that there's no guarantee you'll get one when you go to the Apple Store if they sell out. Ordering DJI is the best chance to get one early and tax free.

But if you're still mulling it over and want to see one "in the flesh", Apple Store is the way to go.

Josh

Hi guys

I am going to Hong Kong beginning of April and am about to order the DJI Phantom 4 so I can get it while i'm there.

I notice Apple.com sells it as well as the official DJI store.

Is there any difference where I buy it from? Is it likely to arrive quicker directly from DJI?

Also, because I am only going to be there for a specific time only (1 April - 6 April) is there any way you know of how I can guarantee that I receive delivery during that time? Do you think I could ask them (DJI or Apple) to ship my item out on a specified date? Or maybe I could even walk into the HK Apple store and see if they keep stock there. Risky though.

I could always call my hotel up and ask if they will accept a delivery on my behalf before I arrive at the hotel. But I was thinking of even ordering the phantom 4 now so It doesn't go out of stock.. Because I'm worried that Phantom 4 stock will run out by the time I am there..

Thanks for any advice

I decided against purchasing from Apple because Apple are not selling any accessories (Or at least from what I've noticed). I wanted the extra battery from the start and didn't like the prospect of only 20 odd minutes flight time every time I went out.

I decided against purchasing from Apple because Apple are not selling any accessories (Or at least from what I've noticed). I wanted the extra battery from the start and didn't like the prospect of only 20 odd minutes flight time every time I went out.

Fair enough, but since I'm worried about timing I'll probably order from Apple since there isn't more definite shipping date rather than DJI not giving any idea of shipping date

I ordered mine from Apple this week for a store pick up and paid the near $90 tax. Apple did not charge my credit card as of yet. At time of order it only gave me a pick up date of one to two weeks. I would have bought directly from DJI if I could have included in the order some prop guards, back pack or an extra battery but no accessories what so ever are available yet. Which I find a bit unpleasant. This won't keep me from feeling like a lil tot on Christmas morning though when it arrives. And with the cold temps and snow I think I can wait a little while to get the rest.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: arizeda
Grr !! How did I miss this? Thanks msinger..... Order being made momentarily...

I placed 2 separate pre-orders..

#1 - DJI P4 on credit card. Showed on my credit card online account as a pre-auhtorization
#2 - DJI extra battery and props on Paypal. They immediately took the money from my Paypal account.

Thanks guys. I'll order it a week or so before I head there and have it delivered to the hotel. Hopefully shipping times don't slip then. If it's not meant to be then there's not much I can do :)
There is a DJI retail store in Shenzen which is only 17km away from Hong Kong, I am sure you could pick one up there

There is a DJI retail store in Shenzen which is only 17km away from Hong Kong, I am sure you could pick one up there
Thanks, I realise this, I've been to Shenzen before. However I will need a VISA even with a UK passport [emoji16] so will have to see how much extra that is going to cost and whether it will arrive on time as well.

Ok so I've looked into it. Visa cost isn't much, should be quite straightforward. Will have to get a 2 hour train or so to get there from central Hong Kong. I've been to Shenzen from HK before and that sounds about right. And then I hope they have stock in-store of the P4.. Or buy the Phantom 4 at the Apple Store/online from Apple before I arrive in HK and ask if the hotel can keep it for me.. Hmm what to do...

At least if I go to Shenzen I can see the flagship store anyways, and also pick up some accessories if they are available, such as extra batt and the hardshell case if it's out by early April.. Seems it will only be out end of April according to the site though.. Not to mention it doesn't look as nice as the P3 hardshell imo! But there's more space inside (spade for a tablet/laptop)

I bought my Phantom 3 while on a business trip to China .If you are in Hong Kong you can take the Shekuo Ferry from the Macau Ferry Terminal to mainland China and go to Sea world 2 stops on the metro. In Sea world there is a DJI outlet store. They will have the Phantom 4. Regarding the price there is really no difference between USA and China pricing the only saving are the taxes that you would normally pay in the US.

It takes about one hour for the ferry trip from Hong Kong to China Mainland and it was easy to travel in China

Just a note they did not take any Credit cards so it either cash or debit card but make sure it is debit card that can be used in China

Just a note they did not take any Credit cards so it either cash or debit card but make sure it is debit card that can be used in China

Interesting! Thanks. I have a VISA Debit card, so hopefully that would work. But then it will likely hit the transaction limit, it being a debit card.. Or I will have to go somewhere and draw cash.

I cannot seem to find any info regarding the DJI Outlet store you mention though. I know about the Flagship store in OCT Harbour in Shenzen, which is where I was planning on going.

I'm staying in Tsmi Sha Tsui in HK.

You can use your bank debit card and withdraw the daily limit with no issues as long as the card has the plus decal on it. Various banks and ATM's at your Hotel or a Hotel in China normally have an ATM's on their premises or they direct you to a Bank. But make sure u do this China for RMB conversion do not change into Hong Kong Dollars or u will have to pay commission two times.

To get to the Macau Ferry terminal take MTR to the Hong Kong Island (Central) and then one stop on the blue line to Sheung Wan terminal and walk the tunnel to the ferry terminal. Upstairs u will find multiple ferry services look for Shekuo Ferry it leaves approx very 2 hours but schedule changes on the weekend. U will need to purchase a visa if you don't have one once to get to Shekou.

Once u get to Shekuo the Subway is across from Taxi area. U go one stop to SEA WORLD. The store is located within the shopping /restaurant area.
It's a small store but should have all items the Phantom 4.

This is the easiest one to locate because there are multiple OTC 's in the Shenzhen Area, and would require more travel time etc.

Best of luck

I tried to use my Visa Debt card and they would not accept at any location.

But getting Chinese RMB is available at ATM'S but the daily withdraw amount will limit you

I would take US Dollars and u can convert them in Hong Kong Airport into Chinese RMB and pay cash make sure u get a written receipt just in case you get stopped by USA Customs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20