P4 Order from DJI or Apple.com?

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am going to Hong Kong beginning of April and am about to order the DJI Phantom 4 so I can get it while i'm there.

I notice Apple.com sells it as well as the official DJI store.

Is there any difference where I buy it from? Is it likely to arrive quicker directly from DJI?

Also, because I am only going to be there for a specific time only (1 April - 6 April) is there any way you know of how I can guarantee that I receive delivery during that time? Do you think I could ask them (DJI or Apple) to ship my item out on a specified date? Or maybe I could even walk into the HK Apple store and see if they keep stock there. Risky though.

I could always call my hotel up and ask if they will accept a delivery on my behalf before I arrive at the hotel. But I was thinking of even ordering the phantom 4 now so It doesn't go out of stock.. Because I'm worried that Phantom 4 stock will run out by the time I am there..

Thanks for any advice

Walking into an Apple store and hoping them have one in stock is going to be about the only way to get one in person within the next month. If you buy on Apple's website, you can see the ship date. If you buy from DJI's website, there's no telling when it'll arrive. DJI ships in the order the orders were placed.

Do you think I could ask them (DJI or Apple) to ship my item out on a specified date?
No.

Also, because I am only going to be there for a specific time only (1 April - 6 April) is there any way you know of how I can guarantee that I receive delivery during that time?
No. If you buy from DJI, you won't know when it's going to ship until you receive an email from them telling you it shipped.

Reactions: arizeda
I'm guessing there won't be a rush for them in Apple Stores therefore, one could purchase one off the shelf after 3/15.

Reactions: arizeda
Considering that you can only buy from them from Apple and DJI right now, they might sell out pretty quickly. It really depends on many they get in.

Thanks guys. I'll order it a week or so before I head there and have it delivered to the hotel. Hopefully shipping times don't slip then. If it's not meant to be then there's not much I can do :)

Considering that you can only buy from them from Apple and DJI right now, they might sell out pretty quickly. It really depends on many they get in.

I was pondering the same question, do i pick up in apple store, or secure pre order , hard to say how many they will have in store on launch day.

lets hope DJI ships them early and we actually receive them on the 15th

Anybody know is DJI taking your money on preorder or upon shipment?

josh

Lol ok anybody want to be a tie-breaker on that?

I'm in the UK; and paid by PayPal. The amount was taken from my PayPal account as soon as I completed checkout......

gottcha, thats why, paypal.I paid with a CC

at least in the US , see the line from DJI's site

Note:

• a. Credit card customers will not be charged until the order is processed for shipping, however, credit card authorization for the order total occurs at the time the order is placed.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I wonder if PayPal has to take your money right away as a middleman.

From DJI you get cheaper prices, faster shipping, no taxes and duty, and same or better support as most sellers.

Yeah, if I do the P4 route, I'm buying from DJI. I highly doubt there will be good availability in the Apple store, unless you get in there first thing in the morning.

Which is exactly what Apple is wanting. :) They are masters at generating excitement at the stores! I say this with marveling admiration as an old-time fanboy back before it was cool to like apple. ;):cool:

josh

Reactions: isopro
Arizeda. When in hk. Is it legal to fly a drone from Kowloon side to HongKong island and back?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.