P4 or Inpire

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a conundrum I was hoping you could help me out with. I was getting ready to buy the Phantom 4, reading all the reviews and watching videos. During that time I started looking into the Inspire series of quads, and was really impressed, but there was no way I was dropping $3,000 on a drone. So I'm browsing ebay and I see an Inspire 1 used, the guy said he used it professionally and it only has 20hrs of flight time. It comes with 3 batteries, an Ipad air 2, a couple of sd cards and of course the case and extras that come with it, all this for $2000. So I know that the Inspire 1 Pro, is better, but, from everything I read the improvements are mostly the camera. I am not a professional photog, just a drone enthusiast, so the X3 camera would be fine for me. So to my question.... Is the inspire 1 that much better than the Phantom 4? Is it worth spending an extra $600? Thanks for any advice.

NOTE: I have been flying for over a year and have had 2 phantoms already

inspire all the way if I had the cash would jump on that deal

Reactions: Jack Ley
Just double check if it is an Inspire 1 or an Inspire 1 v2.0

inspire all the way if I had the cash would jump on that deal

That's the way I'm leaning. One thing that's holding me back is that I'm not 100% sure that the inspire has the follow, orbit and touch to fly features that the P4 is bragging about. Are those features in DJI Go and can be applied to all quads, or is it specific to the P4?

The v2.0 is newer and has a safer prop-locking mechanism (and a few other things). The TapFly, ActiveTrak and obstacle avoidance are specific to the P4.

The v2.0 is newer and has a safer prop-locking mechanism (and a few other things). The TapFly, ActiveTrak and obstacle avoidance are specific to the P4.

Thanks DD, that made my mind up, those features are a deal breaker for me, I really want them.

If you want to have fun, go for new P4 and not used Inspire 1

Reactions: Jack Ley
If you want to have fun, go for new P4 and not used Inspire 1

I pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago and bought the P4, very happy with my decision! Here's the maiden flight from last week.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers