P4 only taking still images for video

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the drone world and trying to get my first video. Unfortunately it's only taking still shots and saving as a video. I've watched numerous videos on settings etc. am I doing something something stupid?

Quirky one. Video plays on playback through device after finalising the recording however when played on the computer it's still shots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Video plays on playback through device after finalising the recording however when played on the computer it's still shots.
For playing the video on a computer, it would be best to first copy the videos from your memory card to your computer. Have you done that?

Hi thanks for your response. Yes definitely have tried that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What do you do after you copy the files to your computer? Please be as detailed as possible -- or post a video of what you're doing.

What is the file extention once transferred to computer?

I observed the same apparent issue, recording in 4K in mov, (defaults). Trying to play back on old Dell using Quick time. Video player acted like it was operating, but, frozen on first frame.
Investigating I found out I have I do not have any way to play 4K.
I also have issues of poor quality on 1080P on desk top, and can only wiew using another software program, standard XP players would not recognize file format.
I am now using the SD, with adapter, card reader in my printer to read and transfer 1080P video from SD card to USB flash drive.
I put the USB in the USB input on my blu-ray player and get great video on my 1080P TV/Monitor.
Last video shot was 1080P/60 mp4 very excellent results.
Seems complicated I know. My piggy bank only had enough funds for a P4 with no way to play 4K OR to buy a 4K TV with no 4K content.

Last edited:
Seems complicated I know. My piggy bank only had enough funds for a P4 with no way to play 4K OR to buy a 4K TV with no 4K content.

I bought a UHD TV over a year ago. Like you say, there's still very little content. (I think they just came out with some sort of true 4K disc player a few months ago).

But, now with the P4, I can make my own content :) It's a real treat watching 3840x2160 on a 50 inch screen that can display it properly. Despite the screen size, the detail is astounding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.