P4 on race track.

Like Justgregg noted, ATTI mode might be what you need. However if you are new like me, you'll need to work up to the skill to be able to track a race. Bikes are small so you may not be able to get more than 100 feet altitude before ActiveTrack looses the subject. At that distance, they'll likely outrun the aircraft in fairly short distance. But hey, I'd say go out on give it test whirl. You'll never know what you and the P4 CAN do unless you try!
I totally agree with you, I just have to practice it, thanks for the advices. First, I'm planning to practice inside my apartment complex, where my speed is less than 35mph with lots of curves, that should be a start. :)

Dude, you started it all, just stop being a jerk you don't have to bother people.
I understand man... I'm sorry. I have to realize the sensitivity level is high these days. And yes, I'm sure you saying I own a yuneec and calling me a **** brought it right to a maturity level you're used to. Come on mannnnn

Reactions: MichaelS
I had to reread that...I thought he called you a Eunuch....LOL. Do I need more popcorn or are you guys done? LOL!

Reactions: maseman88
I had to reread that...I thought he called you a Eunuch....LOL. Do I need more popcorn or are you guys done? LOL!
Lol... Im good. I'm not fragile.

Reactions: WWK888
Yes this speed is whit the winds help of curse. And I want to get 60

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello Guys,
I did not invest on P4 yet, but would love to know more details and opportunities with this bird.
1. Can I make money using P4 to record videos over the race track, with its autonomous flying feature, we can keep it outside the asphalt. I called one of the track day event organizer (STT) and they rejected me, as per insurance issues.
2. How fast will the P4 can fly on autonomous mode?
I'm planning to take it to the mountains and when I ride my motorcycle on the twisties roads*, I want it to follow me. As of now, I ride less than a 3 digit number, but soon hoping to improve.
3. How reliable is the autonomous mode, as of now? Will new firmware improve better detection and maintaining the tracking or are there any know problems, that the current hardware cannot help?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

* roads examples:
US 181, North Carolina, Brown Mountain.
Blue ridge parkway,
Cherohala Skyway(GA or NC border)
or similar roads.
I'm an event promoter and producer and do several events and even with all the things I have there are hurdles that need to be overcome sand a n illegal back door which I wouldn't recommend.

First, you need a permit to even fly it near that many people.

To make money you need a 333 exemption from the moderation act:

You need insurance in addition to the insurance of the event in the case of you being personally liable for injury or property damage, by law.

You need to know what final deliverable you will have and this is a prosumer UAS, which is highly compressed and not a very good tool for recording stuff like that unless live feeding from the event.

Basically, with all due respect, you're not near ready just by the very nature of your questions to make much money with a Phantom, let alone at a race track.

Everyone and their brother have a UAS now. It's barely a novelty.

With Atti mode the drone can really loose altitude quick while turning. Loss of lift and you have to be really careful. Wish I could enlarge the altitude data on the side of the screen so I cud keep an quick look at it while trying to keep the subject framed. Im sure with more shoots chasing moving subject, the better I will get. Maybe i need to start fpv racing....that wud keep me sharp!

Reactions: Raja777m
I'm sorry it's just interesting to me that people are clueless and can't do any research... the track question, he answered himself... the speed in autonomous mode, any spec listing tells you this as well as any review, keeping up with a motorcycle at less that triple digit speeds? I mean i'm sorry but come onnnnnn lol

I'm not trying to derail this thread but I have to agree - when people come here without so much as doing some simple research and reading to me it indicates that they are probably not willing to read safety guidelines etc. either. They want to jump right in without ANY experience to draw upon good judgement.

Look at his questions - he is asking for the software/firmware to do EVERYTHING for him. Personally I do not like the fact the this hobby has become "too easy". This is one reason for the clamp down on this area of R/C flying "DRONES", bad incidents in the press and operator error "fly away's".

I think that EVERY pilot should have some basic skills and be able to fly their machine... meaning manual take off and getting it back to them without using return to home.

I'm not trying to derail this thread but I have to agree - when people come here without so much as doing some simple research and reading to me it indicates that they are probably not willing to read safety guidelines etc. either. They want to jump right in without ANY experience to draw upon good judgement.

Look at his questions - he is asking for the software/firmware to do EVERYTHING for him. Personally I do not like the fact the this hobby has become "too easy". This is one reason for the clamp down on this area of R/C flying "DRONES", bad incidents in the press and operator error "fly away's".

I think that EVERY pilot should have some basic skills and be able to fly their machine... meaning manual take off and getting it back to them without using return to home.

And then you do just that. Lets wade through this together. People who do not own drones yet are more than welcome to come here and ask whatever questions they want without being bullied by you "experts." Get off your high horse and chill out. Your comments add nothing to this discussion.

Reactions: ablythe

Well, the question in not to make money/become a pro in the very next minute I receive the comment, I never said I won't learn to fly. My question is basically a continuation of what everyone does in general/basic steps, and then comes to their mind, oh, what if I do this, etc.,
Why would I ask basic questions, when such questions are already mentioned in the same forum, I don't need to spam you guys, I can read from there.

Personally I do not like the fact the this hobby has become "too easy"
Go, get another hobby where only you'll be good at..!

I think that EVERY pilot should have some basic skills and be able to fly their machine

Remember from my OP, I don't own a drone yet. I only own a toy, parrot minidrone, and that is just for fun, not to take it seriously.

he is asking for the software/firmware to do EVERYTHING for him

We are in a generation, where cars drive themselves and they escape from possible dangers.
When tesla came out a couple of years ago, they don't have that feature..!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts..!

The whole idea of these forums is to share whatever we think will help those asking for help. For each of us, there was certainly a time when we did not have the skills and experience we have today and remembering that fact, should give us a bit of empathy for anyone just beginning the quest.

And then you do just that. Lets wade through this together. People who do not own drones yet are more than welcome to come here and ask whatever questions they want without being bullied by you "experts." Get off your high horse and chill out. Your comments add nothing to this discussion.

I've answered PLENTY of questions for newbies - one point I think the OP might take from this is do some minimal reading and research and 99% of his questions would be answered.... they have been already answered 100 times on this forum.

"high Horse" because I want our hobby to last into the future? Maybe I'm old school and think that if people work a little bit for their information (like read and do a few searches) instead of getting everything "served to them" they will in turn become more self sufficient and proficient and BETTER flyers. My two cents.

I've answered PLENTY of questions for newbies - one point I think the OP might take from this is do some minimal reading and research and 99% of his questions would be answered.... they have been already answered 100 times on this forum.

Hi,
Other than this question, which I couldn't find proper answer:
How fast will the P4 can fly on autonomous mode? The rest of them are general questions.

I'm planning to take it to the mountains and when I ride my motorcycle on the twisties roads*, I want it to follow me. As of now, I ride less than a 3 digit number, but soon hoping to improve.

In this, I said, as of now, I ride in double digit only, which is between 0-99, so, my question, is what is the speed it can go on autonomous mode, so I can adjust my speed.

General speed is 45mph, but, on autonomous mode, the drone's computer might restrict the speed or won't.

These are my searches, I did before posting, which doesn't mention autonomous mode speed:
DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Google

After all that unwanted blabbering, maseman gave a link to a video of what I'm talking about, and he did the same thing, what I've asked, it is not my mistake his title wasn't in my YouTube's search results when I searched for my requirements.

For instance: Most of the people think, Night Shift on iPhones/iPads are software only, but actually it depends on hardware, the older devices are missing some sensors in the screen, which changes the color sensitivity/warmthness; in the same way, I was wondering whether you guys have found out already, that, "Oh man? DJI didn't include this feature in Phantom 4 also, for that price, I was waiting for this feature for so long already", kind of views..!

There is no Phantom that will keep up with a bike or car at speed.

What he said.... even a "race quad" will not keep up. One "race quad" I was checking out claimed around 90 mph.... but that is a race quad with very few of the other features you seek

Justgregg, do you have any video of the PD training you caught? I work for an agency here in NC and they were asking me about whether I could video the exact same thing. As my Phantom is going in to DJI for GPS issues, I couldn't do it right now but I plan to in the future. Seems to me it's a great opportunity to have some fun getting some great shots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20