P4 obstacle avoidance with third part apps

I tested my P4 with a Litchi waypoint mission today and yes obstacle avoidance does appear to work - officially Litchi say it does not.

Reactions: snowghost
Thats great, do you know if litchi will show the avoidance is active like on the GO app? or will it be added shortly?

No Litchi doesn't show anything - I doubt it's a priority to add it and the sdk may not allow them to anyway

Understand ya! might be worth asking, and pushing for it to be available if it can be. For me its now an important use for my filming and handy to have the visual like on the GO app just as much as battery percentage etc.. thanks for your response :)

I tested my P4 with a Litchi waypoint mission today and yes obstacle avoidance does appear to work - officially Litchi say it does not.
HHmmm.... When I tired it in Litchi it did not appear to work and their manual says ". Will the aircraft avoid obstacles if there are any? No, always be aware of your surroundings when using any of the autonomous flight modes, the aircraft will not avoid obstacles should there be any.
So maybe you found something new or this was in their latest release but it did not work for me two weeks ago.

On the Litchi forum Litchi themselves say it does work in modes other than Waypoint but its definately also working in Waypoint for me

Did you have the DJI Go app running at the same time?
Absolutely not - that is as definate no no. Had DJI Go app running to calibrate compass then closed it properly on iPad then launched Litchi - took off manually and flew mission several times - actually had quite a job getting it to fly low enough but managed eventually.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik