P4 not connecting

LJM

Reaction score
I've read the other threads about this subject and cannot figure out why my P4 is not connecting to my iPad. I'm a rookie at this but have flown it 22 times before with no problems like this. After I turn on the drone the red light on the RC changes to green. The drone rear lights are flashing yellow then red then yellow. I've turned off everything and tried starting up several times with same results every time. Any ideas?
Thanks
LJM

I've the same problem. Brandnew stuff, unable to connect te RC to the P4. Unplugged iPad several times... no connection.

Somenone please help... I've tryed again several times today. The remote and the P4 won't connect. What do I do?

No, even with help from DJI not sovable...

This is a copy of my post on the DJI forum:

My RC would not link with my Phantom 4. After days of trying and surching the entire www, looking at tutorials on how to do, I finaly contacted DJI online support. I was a bit relucktant to do so, after reading several posts on several fora, but I did it because no other solution seemd available. I met there with a guy (Malvar I believe) who took really the time to explain everything to this complete newbe (who could not even follow half of the time, but he took the time to explain everything well, even two or three times).The support guy wanted me to update both AC and RC, again I was relucktant after reading many posts. Anyhow Malvar was very understanding and helpfull. The RC wouldn't update, the Phantome did right away. But then my batteries ran low. So I charged them and the next day contacted DJI support again, I was fortunate to meet again with Malvar (or do all the guys there opperate under the same name?). Anyhow he was even as understanding and helpfull as the day before.
But whatever he let me do, no luck. So finally his advice was to send the thing back for service. I was disappointed and told him I would try it one more time, the ship had already sunk anyways.
So I tryed over and over again, without any luck. I must have tryed (without exagerating) over 50 times in total.
One moment I found a other way to update the RC. It had been al the time on version 1.6.0 and now I’ve maneged to bring it up to version 1.9.2. Would I be lucky in the end? Nope… couldn’t connect the two apparatus.
To make a long story short, my Phantom 4 is sitting in a box, waiting for UPS to come and collect it to send to repair. I hope I will see it back soon? It will be monday even before the repaircenter will see my request, so next week will not be an option I think.
So I am very disappointed with my Phantom 4, which I have over a week now and hasn’t flown just 1 sec. But the support guy was top. So if any of you DJI-bosses may read this. Your product failed, but Malvar is incredible.

Next week the holidays will be over and I haven't flown 1 sec… very disapointed.

Yesterday a package arrived... containing a repaired drone (it has another serial number in the battery compartiment, so they have worked on it).
It took just less then 3 weeks of long waiting...

Yesterday a package arrived... containing a repaired drone (it has another serial number in the battery compartiment, so they have worked on it).
It took just less then 3 weeks of long waiting...
Good to hear ,does it go ,sounds like they exchange it since it got another number

They replaced part of it. The white part and the motors are still the same (I guess)... The gray stuf is swapped. I recieved an invoice (with full reduction, so the costs are none) and it mentionned a gimbal etc.
Don't know if it flies again, but I can access now the simulator (yes I'm still in that stage). For the first time I was able to give the bird a name and so on. I can connect the craft and the RC. I had to update the drone and calibrate IMU and compass. But it gives an overall impression of working like it should.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31