P4 No Professional/Advanced Version ?

If there is another P4 version, it will be for those who thought the first one was too expensive.

Mhh.. not so sure about that... there's a lot of enhancements can be done on the camera side, to justify few hundreds $$$ more expense... Than P$ Pro model could exist, but probably there's nothing scheduled at the moment by DJI about what we are talking here...

I agree with Ian, because i don't see the p3 as being discontinued. The p4 is like an high end evolution of the phantom, but they will still sell p3's, as they are still good products.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI has made no bones about worshipping Apple's business model. And even Apple releases an, "S" model after every new phone. DJI is first and foremost a business. If you think they will just make a P4 and no, "S" version of it then you are deluded. They may not have 4 versions, but they will at *least* have one update to it - they simply have to.

Even if DJI looked you right in the face and said, "I cannot tell a lie. The P4 is the only version we'll make" then they are just simply lying. It's business. Look at how methodically they adjusted the prices of the 10 year anniversary saw. It was shrewd to say the least. They want you to feel comfortable buying now. And when the, "S" model comes out, believe me, all the current P4 owners will have threads discussing why the upgrade, "Just isn't worth it". There are a million ways to already improve the P4 and they will...quickly...because so will their competition.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure how everyone missed this, but if you look at the DJI website they actually show the P4 as being the first of several models to come. I've previously posted the link in another thread.

If DJI continues to follow the Apple model than for investors we will need to see a rise in revenue by quarter, so expect the next version of the P4 to arrive in early July 2016.

I expect there will be a pro version. There really is room to kick it up a notch. Perhaps one that has a longer flight time. Perhaps one that actually has more range than the P3 with lightbridge 2 and the appropriate power. I think a pro version is coming.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

45mins to a hour flight time and I'm sold. Regardless of price.

45mins to a hour flight time and I'm sold. Regardless of price.

You'll be waiting a long time then! We had the CinemaPhotographer show at our works studio last year along with Panavision (who are tenants at our studio anyway) and all the other major cinema camera players, and a £68,500 hex or octo drone that was carrying a £30,000 Arri Alexa digital film camera only had 27m powered flight!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459817546.985815.jpg

I say be happy with the P4. There will always be newer versions in the future. Have fun now.

All you guys low balling P3P prices take note, the fire sale might be nearing its end, looks like even that guy on eBay that was selling new unopened P3P's for $799, just raised his price back to $949

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4