P4 No Professional/Advanced Version ?

Reaction score
Was it an announced by DJI that this would be the only version? How do we know there will not shortly follow an advanced/professional version offering different functionality?

Was it an announced by DJI that this would be the only version? How do we know there will not shortly follow an advanced/professional version offering different functionality?

If history repeats itself, then by this time next year there will be no less than 3 Phantom 4 models on the market.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I have a suspicion that they're playing a new game this time around by initially offering just a base model with marginal cam improvements. My guess is that this will be followed by a 'Pro' model in a month or two that costs a few hundred more and has a bigger (1") and/or higher rez BSI sensor (1/2.3").

Most of the comments all over the forum seem to indicate the camera is what matters most because the P3 is already a very capable flier. I highly doubt that their marketing research missed this info. They're going after the early adopters of shiny new things first and then they're gonna entice the hold-outs knowing they'll also get a second wave of shiny-thing buyers (and a bunch of lightly used Phantom 4 Standards will show up on eBay).

Reactions: ObiDon
I am slapping my own hand away from the initial launch. I will wait until I am certain that there isnt going to be an advanced and pro model..

I am slapping my own hand away from the initial launch. I will wait until I am certain that there isnt going to be an advanced and pro model..
Is there really anything so great about it that you would give up your phantom 3 ??? I don't see anything but maybe that's just me. It's almost coming to the point where it flys itself so where is the fun of actually flying it? The control is the exact same except for a sport button. The battery is twice the size but u get like 2 min more flying because I'm sure in sport mode it won't last 28 min.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fly Girl
He doesn't. Only one model at launch. There has never been just a single model in every generation.

DJI has said there will be only one P4. That doesn't mean they can't change their mind later but that's what they're saying right now.

DJI has said there will be only one P4. That doesn't mean they can't change their mind later but that's what they're saying right now.

If they said anything else many would wait for the next iteration... like me!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj