P4 new firmware 01.00.0170

Reaction score
Seems the P4 already has a new firmware 01.00.0170. Nothing to be found on the DJI website, no release notes in the app either. Is this going to be the way forward: updates without any description?
The question also is what this new firmware brings. I certainly won't be updating right away.

I think that GO App will tell you when new firmware is ready and it can be flashed directly from tablet/phone app..(using OTG cable)

Sure, but that doesn't mean we know what's in the new firmware update...

You can download the release notes here.

Reactions: Santiego
Thans msinger. 1.00.0288, that's another new version. They come quick.
How did you find this link? Where to find the release notes of the previous versions, and of future versions?

How did you find this link?
I just know how to find things ;)

That's all I could find. They are probably just a bit behind on posting updates to their website.

Ah, it looks like they finally posted it :)

Looks like they finally decided CSC is too risky in flight!:rolleyes:
Now I can flnally safely descend flying backwards, without risking a hiccup!
  1. Changed procedure for stopping motors during flight. To stop motors during flight, pull the left stick to the bottom inside corner while simultaneously pressing the Smart RTH button. This new procedure will only become available when Remote Controller firmware is updated to the latest version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Santiego
Yes, and they also support an HDMI board now...

Prop guards are now superceded by the Obstacle Sensing system and the two are mutually exclusive!
  1. Added propeller guard detection. Obstacle Sensing system is automatically disabled when a propeller guard is installed.

With the addition of sport mode, that was a good move. More people are going to be flying like crazy monkeys (as some here like to say) when they are doing ~50 MPH and heading toward trees :D

Yes, and they also support an HDMI board now...
Presumably, the P3 HDMI board will work after an update (is this it?), until they come out with one that supports both the P3 and P4.

Has anyone tried pairing a P3 remote with a P4? I think the RC is exactly the same and they just relabeled some buttons and changed their function in software... Will try as soon as I get mine.

Presumably, the P3 HDMI board will work after an update
Correct. I was assuming they were not going to release a new version -- since this firmware update makes it compatible with the P4.

With the addition of sport mode, that was a good move. More people are going to be flying like crazy monkeys (as some here like to say) when they are doing ~50 MPH and heading toward trees :D
Probably should have replaced the in flight CSC shutoff with this change a long time ago! Would have prevented some innocent pilot error shutoffs while still learning the sticks that DJI covered under warranty. However, the new one will be harder to remember in a panic, and will undoubtedly lead to new crashes while descending awkwardly, and accidentally hitting the Go Home button!:eek:

Last edited:
Has anyone tried pairing a P3 remote with a P4? I think the RC is exactly the same and they just relabeled some buttons and changed their function in software... Will try as soon as I get mine.
The P4 controller model is the GL300C but with slightly more power than the last P3P GL300C, but still 20% less than the GL300A and GL300B. We are hoping they are interchangeable, especially if we have modded ours!

The P4 controller model is the GL300C but with slightly more power than the last P3P GL300C, but still 20% less than the GL300A and GL300B. We are hoping they are interchangeable, especially if we have modded ours!
I'll be trying my modded GL300A and GL300B the second it gets here later this afternoon ;-) I suppose they are interchangeable!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers