P4 ND filter advise needed

Hello all
I purchased taco filters last week for my dji 4 :

eBay

However I found them a bit heavy as the gimble points down with them on while not powered on.
Also the secure cap will not fit on gimble with taco filters on as they are to bulky for it.
As a concern to the gimble failing in the future I contacted DJI direct and they advice me not to use them as my warantee might void as the taco filters are not certify for DJI products
Bellow the email from DJI
I decited to return them after all.

I have the Taco set, they are great quality and identical in size to the Dji ones. The gimbal lock fits exactly the same? are you sure you got the right ones?

I have the Taco set, they are great quality and identical in size to the Dji ones. The gimbal lock fits exactly the same? are you sure you got the right ones?

This is what I purchased :
TACO-RC Multi-Coating ND/PL filters set (ND4/8/16/32) fr DJI Phantom 4

And also this is another reply from taco dealers :

New message from: taco.toy (17,221)
Hi, if you worry about it. you could add counterbalance to balance the gimbal. DJI did not certify our product. Thanks.

How odd, I just checked mine and they are absolutely identical in size to the dji one so the gimbal lock fits perfectly and I weighed them and two of the four weigh exactly the same as the dji one and the other two weigh slightly less.

Not disputing your findings, just puzzled why we have such a variance.

It matters not, you're not happy with yours and choose not to use them. I'm happy with mine and will continue to use them. We're free to choose. Fly safe, I'm off o bed ;)
I think you got different set from what Danikas' have. Danikas bought the highest end of what Taco-RC offered. I can say it is identical with Polar Pro Cinema-Vivid Series. You have the normal ND filters which is 2g in weight. Danikas have ND-PL filters which is 5g. I bought the snap-on type of Taco-RC filters, 3.5g in weight.

Reactions: martybabe
This is the product I purchased :
TACO-RC Multi-Coating ND/PL filters set (ND4/8/16/32) fr DJI Phantom 4
so those are heavier ,frame is larger because they are also rotating ..
i am not saying that the filter is bad ,i am saying that the frame is larger,heavier and also will not allow fitting on the factory gimble plastic lock...

OK, my mistake, you do in fact have the larger rotating ones. I had no idea they made two sets.

Perhaps you could consider swopping them for my set which do fit the gimbal lock, are identical in size to the dji ones and weigh the same .

I think you got different set from what Danikas' have. Danikas bought the highest end of what Taco-RC offered. I can say it is identical with Polar Pro Cinema-Vivid Series. You have the normal ND filters which is 2g in weight. Danikas have ND-PL filters which is 5g. I bought the snap-on type of Taco-RC filters, 3.5g in weight.
You are absolutely right, see above, and thanks, confusion resolved ;)

Reactions: Shaiful Rizhuan
Ok thx Shaiful for clarifying it
I did mentioned earlier on that they rotate as well
I will have to return them just to be safe
Thank you all for the input
Cheers from hot Greece :(

Btw Danikas, you should not be worried. 5g is still so light-weight. The lightest variable filter is 6g. You know how much weight the SRP filter? It is more than 7g. And it is snap-on type, so it will be 9g in total plus the original UV filter. Still, people don't use counterweight for that.

So your suggestion is to use them ?
Any input on the quality of the actual filters ?

Yeah, just use them. Polar Pro vivid series are much heavier than what you have now. Taco-RC is well known for their light-weight filters. I don't think there are any lighter ND-PL filters available

Well, I flew 4 battery packs worth today between testing camera settings in "PhantomFourDotCom's" article & trying different things in the autopilot app. I used the Polar Pro ND4/PL Cinema Series filter & tried a couple different settings. I used the settings that brought a dull recording that is good for post production color grading & I also used another setting where I changed the color setting from Log to Vivid (was either vivid or landscape) & also changed style to cloudy.... Hadn't really messed around with the post production color grading with the dull film I took but I did slap together a little video of my old high school football stadium with the settings switched around to the vivid setting. I definitely like the look of it. Can't wait to film some other things.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been using the Polar Pro Lens covers for about a month now. I like it way more than the DJI lock however I just heard from a couple guys that that the P4 Polar Pro cover does not protect the gimbal nearly as much as the stock DJI lock does. Has anyone else heard this? I didn't want to go back to the DJI lock but if it protects it more, I'm going to.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been using the Polar Pro Lens covers for about a month now. I like it way more than the DJI lock however I just heard from a couple guys that that the P4 Polar Pro cover does not protect the gimbal nearly as much as the stock DJI lock does. Has anyone else heard this? I didn't want to go back to the DJI lock but if it protects it more, I'm going to.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks for purchasing the filters and using our lens cover!! We designed our lens cover to be easily removable and to provide protection of the camera and gimbal during storage/travel. It seems a lot of people like the full lock down of the stock gimbal lock, and that is personal preference. Ours gently locks the gimbal and provides ample protection during transit, from airline baggage handlers throwing my case into the airplane, to full days on a wakeboarding boat, to hiking up Mt Whitney, our Gimbal Lock has kept my personal P4 safe and protected. If you plan on strapping your Phantom 4 to the outside of a backpack and riding an ATV to your filming location, the Stock DJI Gimbal lock might be a better choice, but as long as the P4 is inside a case, our Lens Cover will do just fine, and we guarantee that.

At the end of the day it is all personal preference, if you feel that your camera must be 100% locked down, then the Stock gimbal lock is for you. If you would rather have a solution that is easier to take on/off and will provide enough protection for most users, then our Lens Cover will work great!

Feel free to shoot over any other questions! I am here to help!
Jeff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31