P4 Modified with L.E.D. strip

Reaction score
I'm going out this evening with my newly modified P4 at sunset (yes, I'm FAA sUAS certified now) to test flight my L.E.D. lighting system.
20160909_160424_zpshn9piibf.jpg

20160909_160442_zpstzsckrp5.jpg

I've already flown it this afternoon to make sure everything stayed on, but bright sunlight makes it hard to see, so this should be fun to watch as it is a multi-colored LED system. I will be video taping the launch and posting the YouTube link later tonight.

Looks like the battery/controller rig really unbalances everything on one side. Comments? Looks heavy too.

Why would you want to be seen in the night time?
In the day time all the lights are worth crap, only added weight.
In the night time (when you not supposed to fly) I like total stealth. You with all the light are like:
- officer, there is that drone buzzing all the time, ya those lights.

Flying at night is perfectly legal if not for commercial purposes (that is new). Another common misconception propagated by people that assume they know but they don't. We have been flying at night with lights for years and years. I have personally been doing it for over 25 years.

I can easily substantiate that a properly lit aircraft is actually safer flown at night than in the daytime. So could any lawyer worth his or her bar license.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr