P4 maybe problems with DJI GO 4 upgrade

Reaction score
Just updated to DJI GO 4 from DJI GO and when I open flight simulator and do some flying lessons before I take it out in the real world I am having real bad video
simulation lagging is that possible? why is it lagging, freeze for split sec then works even in test mode??? any advice would be appreciated.

P4 current software, Checked settings for possible conflict non that I can see. I have warning diaogs come now saying DJI GO is now gone and DJI GO 4 is the current sofware to use
with P4 models! is this correct I cannot use the old DJI GO because I never had any issue with the older software. Or maybe I am doing something wrong and some experienced flyer or DJI tech can fix the problem because it is very disheartning.

Thanks to anybody that comments.

cistec

hi Hakan22

I have a Mini Ipad with current system...I got a 4th Gen Ipad and just found out that it is not compatible with DJI GO 4 so I went back to my mini Ipad.

I have an iPad mini 2 with all the latest FW and Go4. I did run the simulator for at least 30 minutes trying out some stuff but did not run into any major issues. I noted that a couple of times I got a 5mm colored border from left to right for about 2-3 secs. But I think it was due to my WiFi router just nearby. (I was sitting inside my apartment having the craft on the balcony outdoors). Did you try yours outdoors?

Hmmmm I have my wifi router about 5 feet away ..did not think of that but I never had any problem before with DJI Go when using the simulator net to the wifi. will try it outside tomorrow with some luck it will work ok.

If the GO app worked out on the same spot it might be something else.. Not sure what to recommend except trying to restore the iPad from scratch and start all over.

I used the P4 with the mini Ipad (DJI GO) about 3 weeks ago with the old DJI GO app and it was great then put it away, in the mean time I got out my P4 PRO+ and used that (great drone) I then got the P4 out today to update firmware having read the cut off support date for the DJI Go app for P4 will end..installed new software and then this laggy issue. But I will try real flying tommorow then I will know!

Reactions: DLC
All the same here after updating my P4 with the latest FW update and the new Go 4 app. But I also noticed if you switch to airplane mode, the video gets better #1.

Then turnoff map and video caching. #2

On IOS, The improved my IPad mini 2 performance.

Then I switched to my Android Nvidia Shield K1, steps above really helped the overall performance on this OS and Device.

Then I tried my old Android Galaxy 4 phone to repurpose it and it work just fine.

Note on the android and (Video) K1 got one disconnect and the app went off-line.

I believe that the go 4 app on android needs some work by DJI development team.

I will be doing more testing to see if there are other workarounds.

I find that the older go app works flawlessly based on the December 2016 release.

DJI keeps fixing things and brakes things.

Hope this information helps!
Best regards,
Steve

Well that sounds very interesting Steve in turning certain things off because I cannot see how that would affect simulation flight mode unless it would affect all flying modes Real world or simulation which brings me to the point" WILL THERE BE A FIX SOON"

I also agree with the Dec 2016 version it was great but what a let down on the upgrade. Hope DJI do something even allowing to go back and use the solid DJI GO which performed great.."dont fix what is not broke" or at least allows users to stay with a working application until you address the problem rather than force them to upgrade.

DJI do great products but I hope they don't fall over on the belief that think they will be the mainstay Drone maker out there in the near future ..competition has a way of rearing its market grabbing head quickly. So look after your loyal users now.

Reactions: The Ghost
Hmmmm I have my wifi router about 5 feet away ..did not think of that but I never had any problem before with DJI Go when using the simulator net to the wifi. will try it outside tomorrow with some luck it will work ok.
Dont think its the Ipad? but?

Is there a way to going back to DJI Go 2.9.x ? I've been running into self closures during flights using Go 3.x.x and Go 4.0.4 using s Shield K1 with Nougat 7.0.

The aircraft remains controllable, but I have restart Go 4 in mid-flight with a goofed up Home point and log file for HD.

I run the mini 4 Hmmmmm I was told that DJO GO was now superseded by GO 4 and that it is one or the other? I also have a 4th Gen Apple 128Gb 9" which I just found out is not compatible with DJI GO 4 due to chip limitation the A6 is a no go! I will try DJI GO again on P4 on A7 mini ipad,

Just so I get this right I can install DJI GO 4 with DJI GO (which version to be sure?) on the same IPAD and use either one to fly my drone at separate times and not together is that correct? and that the older more reliable one DJI GO will react just like before??

I also have a P4PRO+ I will test that soon as well

Thanks for heads up John

Last edited:
I run the mini 4 Hmmmmm I was told that DJO GO was now superseded by GO 4 and that it is one or the other? I also have a 4th Gen Apple 128Gb 9" which I just found out is not compatible with DJI GO 4 due to chip limitation the A6 is a no go! I will try DJI GO again on P4 on A7 mini ipad,

Just so I get this right I can install DJI GO 4 with DJI GO (which version to be sure?) on the same IPAD and use either one to fly my drone at separate times and not together is that correct? and that the older more reliable one DJI GO will react just like before??

I also have a P4PRO+ I will test that soon as well

Thanks for heads up John
That's correct. I have both Go and Go4 apps on my iPad Mini2. I fly my Mavic with Go4 and fly my P3P with Go. Just don't launch both at the same time.

As for your iPad Mini4, that's got an A8 CPU, should work great. The iPad Mini 2 and Mini 3 uses the A7, which can overheat in temps above 90F, making the video crap out. Make sure you don't have a case on your iPad while flying, helps to maximize cooling.

You are correct about that old iPad, A6 CPU's won't work.

DJI iOS device compatibility:

iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

You can have two Go app's installed on your Android or IOS device, just don't run both at the same time.

Also, if you side load a older Go app based on the link i send out on all the older Go app versions, once you install one of the older versions, do NOT have your Android device connect to the internet. Go into Airplane mode first BEFORE you Launch the older app. If you forget, DJI will prompt and FORCE the upgrade. If that happens, go into Airplane mode and then uninstall the older app and then reinstall it.

Just keep off the internet before you run the older app. Again, this is just for experimental usage to see if the older APP's work better on your device. There are a lot or complaints from users already sent to DJI on the Go 4 and maybe DJI will improve this version soon! I have seen them fix and then break this app over and over again from 2013 to now, it's the same old crap! i want to choose my static version of Go app and FM and i think DJI forces you to upgrade do it Liability reasons and No fly zones. Maybe that's how they keep in selling to the USA and other Countries.

Keep us posted.
Best regards,
Steve

Hello all, i ran some tests today and here is what i found.

I am trying to use a old Samsung GalixGalaxyS4 as my Android device, i am also using a new Nvidia Shield K1 but have not measured CPU use on this device as of yet and i will next and report.

I believe after rolling back to some of the earlier Go apps dated in 2016, these apps consume 20% LESS CPU bandwidth then the newer Go Apps including the GO App 4.

Setup: using all the APP default settings, the older go app consumes on on average 65% of the CPU under flight operation. The Video is just Fine and all it going well, in some cases, i see spikes of 82 but these are spikes and all video and connection to the Bird is maintained.

Then on the same Android device under test here, go to the new GO app 4 and i see 80% of the CPU most of the time and then up to 93% and it starts to show Video pixel break up and black screen and some loss of the entire video feed and one disconnected.

I am using a tool from the Play store called COOL Tool 5.6.2 Pro and it works well.

I just installed this tool on my Nvidia Shield K1 and will run the same tests in the same way and let you all know.

I really feel that these NEW applications are relaying on more and more CPU cycles and then we all have to keep purchasing new display devices, Android as well as IOS.

As i mentioned, i have been a Inspire and P3 user since 2014 with my dedicated IPAD mini 2 since the start and i have seen good performance and not so good Video performance with the IOS version of the GO all but DJI has made some improvement back then but i never measured or profiled the CPU unease, but i always thought it's been going up being i have a good knowledge of computer systems.

So with that, see what you think and i plan to report this to DJI to see if they can optimize the app for slower Devices now that i can see a 20% increase profile on the new GO app we are forced to use.

Also, i put my Sam Gx s4 in Airplane more during all tests and when i fly.

Hope this i helpful information.
Best regards,
Steve

Ok guys help me out here I am using the K1 Shield Love it very powerful. Now That I down loaded the GO 4.0 the APP crashes and I am forced to hit the RTH button to bring the bird back safely. Anybody having the same problem?
Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.